PDA

View Full Version : Bay Lake Towers - which room would you pick?

liz
08-01-2010, 09:30 PM
We really want to stay at BLT. Since we will be going back to the room quite often (because of naps etc.) I was wondering which view to choose. Would there be any benefit to having a MK view vs the lake view? Or should we go the cheapest route which is categorized as a "standard view" (which is scary, because I don't really want to look at air conditioning units, if you get my drift). TIA!

clc053103
08-01-2010, 10:18 PM
we prefer lake view- MK view is really a nice view of hte parking lot with MK in the distance- lake view is the lake and the pool. Request a higher floor for better view.

alien_host
08-02-2010, 08:12 AM
We also had a lake view on our trip and would book it again. We even had a bonus of seeing MK from our lake view (including nightly fireworks).

IIRC (check disboards - DVC Planning Forum has a whole thread on BLT rooms), standard view might be the lower floors. That thread could confirm what is considered "standard".

liz
08-03-2010, 03:19 PM
Thanks for the replies. It's good to know about the parking lot. Obviously there is a higher room rate for that view, but I was wondering if there was a catch.

I have tried to go on the Disboards, but I get overwhelmed by all the forums and sub-forums. Your tip made it easier to find the threads on the rooms at BLT.

Thank you!