PDA

View Full Version : My weekend

twowhat?
08-01-2010, 09:42 PM
Precisely 4 hours of my weekend was a good one. We were at a birthday party with lots of toys, water, a pool. The rest of the weekend was filled with A) screaming toddlers and B) working for 7 hours on Sunday to catch up because of work missed due to sick toddler while DH is IMing me about screaming toddlers.

Sunday night ended in: C) a 1.5 hour tantrum. Which, believe it or not, is not surprising. Our DD1 is a HANDFUL. I've tried intervening before a tantrum. I've tried intervening DURING a tantrum (of course it doesn't work!) I've tried completely IGNORING the tantrum. And guess what? Nothing works. We've had our share of 1+ hour tantrums around here. HOW can a child last so long screaming like that??? And the reason for the tantrum?? She wanted to sit in my lap, but of course so did DD2, and DD1 REFUSED to sit on one side of my lap while DD2 sat on the other!! I don't know how much more I can stand of these "you just can't win" type of situation with twins.

Just had to get that off my chest. I honestly hate being a parent sometimes! And yeah, I'm blessed to have 2 healthy kids, blah blah blah...

misshollygolightly
08-01-2010, 10:38 PM
Sending twisty straws your way...:54:

MamaMolly
08-01-2010, 11:00 PM
I totally get the sentiment. My mom had a little prayer when we were kids that I never really 'got' until I had my own...God grant me the patience to endure my blessings!

Gracemom
08-02-2010, 08:28 AM
I totally get the sentiment. My mom had a little prayer when we were kids that I never really 'got' until I had my own...God grant me the patience to endure my blessings!

Love that! I think I need to pray it daily.

LarsMal
08-02-2010, 09:38 AM

I think I need to tattoo this on my body!

Sorry, OP. Hope your week is better than your weekend.