PDA

View Full Version : Ebay mistake

KrystalS
08-01-2010, 11:02 PM
I made a mistake and listed an item twice on ebay. I listed it once by itself and then in a lot with another item. Luckily a bidder brought it to my attention. I feel so stupid and have no idea what to do! I contacted the current high bidder and said they should retract their bid if they want. The auction has 2 items listed and I plan to just change it to the one item, can I do this? I revised the listing. Should I just cancel the auction altogether and relist the one item alone? I really don't want to pay listing fees again but I also don't want to get bad feedback from someone because I made a mistake.

KrisM
08-01-2010, 11:12 PM
Unless you change the description, the high bidder can't retract, according to ebay. You can cancel them, but there are only a few acceptable reasons to retract.

Do you have bids on both listings or just one? If just one, cancel the other listing. If you have them on both, figure out which to cancel and do that. You won't get feedback if you don't have a winner and you won't have a winner if you cancel before it's over. You definitely don't want to sell it twice!

KrystalS
08-01-2010, 11:16 PM
I did change the description but I have bids on both auctions. I think I will just cancel the auction with the lowest bid. I definitely don't want to sell the same item twice! Just lucky that someone noticed it and was nice enough to let me know!