PDA

View Full Version : Don't send chain letters to my kid!!!!

kransden
08-02-2010, 01:16 AM
Argh... got a book chain letter addressesed to dd. Why do people do this?? I really don't want 36 random books sent to my house for her. The economy is very depressed here, people don't have the time/money to do this sort of thing. I always ask parents before I do these crazy things.

katydid1971
08-02-2010, 02:46 AM
For some reason I 'm always getting these things too. I always break the chain, maybe that's whay I haven't won the lottery.

cvanbrunt
08-02-2010, 07:28 AM
Those things are still around? I thought those were a fad in 70s when I was growing up. Ugh. I broke them as a kid because I didn't want to write that many letters. One more thing for me to be a curmudgeon about when the girls are older......

HIU8
08-02-2010, 10:20 AM
A mom from DD's preschool class started one. It was to buy stickers and send them on to the next person and then a letter with it etc... I just pitched it. I dont have the extra funds to go and buy stuff to send out (and spend more on postage etc...). If they want stickers I can bring them to class.

swrc00
08-02-2010, 10:42 AM
In the past 6 months we have gotten ones for stickers and books. I, too broke the chains.

TwinFoxes
08-02-2010, 11:35 AM
Oh you have got to be kidding me! I hate chain ANYTHING! I can't believe these are still around. Who has the time or inclination to do this? And who wants this much random crap? I remember a dishtowel chain letter when I was in college. Why in the world would I want that many dishtowels showing up randomly at my house?

And while I'm at it, I hate email "snowball fights" and I'm not forwarding your stupid email to "10 Extraordinary Women".

Clearly I have issues...:irked:

lizzywednesday
08-02-2010, 03:35 PM

And while I'm at it, I hate email "snowball fights" and I'm not forwarding your stupid email to "10 Extraordinary Women".

Clearly I have issues...:irked:

If you have issues, so do I because I rarely-to-never even read chain e-mails and don't forward them anymore. It's a waste of my time.

hobie
08-02-2010, 04:01 PM
If you have issues, so do I because I rarely-to-never even read chain e-mails and don't forward them anymore. It's a waste of my time.

I've never answered a chain letter, and I finally had to ask someone to stop sending me all of the e-mails...it was crazy!