PDA

View Full Version : MLK Weekend in WDW

clc053103
08-02-2010, 08:04 AM
Anyone ever go? I am seeing mixed reviews of "really crowded" to "no difference frm the rest of January" which is a light month to begin with. DH is missing the Disney gene so I thought taking him alone with DS may change his mind- he's a bit overwhelmed at the thought of going with my whole family. It would be three nights at a deluxe.

Our district has friday and monday off- i've heard other areas of the country don't have days off which could help.

Also hoping that an AP or Visa discount shows in the fall- the CM I spoke with said I should definitely expect something.

Appreciate any feedback! I've never traveled to Disney any other time than April or Sept/Oct.

billysmommy
08-02-2010, 08:50 AM
We've been there over MLK weekend and don't think it's too bad at all. We definitely noticed the numbers pick up a bit that Friday and then died down again on Tuesday. We've also been the first week in December and MLK weekend wasn't as busy as then.

egoldber
08-02-2010, 08:54 AM
It is heavier than the rest of January, but not bad. We love going in January! :)

clc053103
08-02-2010, 09:27 AM
Thanks, that gives me more confidence in the ide! We would arrive Fri AM and leave Mon night as to not miss any school (since DS will be hitting the max of 5 educational travel days for our Sept trip). Considered leaving Thurs after AM K but seems like a large expense of room when we won't get the chance to enjoy the parks that day.

I have tentatively booked Wilderness Lodge- never stayed there! I always loved the theming- and it's so much cheaper than the other MK area resorts, it seems like the way to go. We love dining at Cali Grill and The Wave, and we can take a launch directly to CR. Thinking we can hit MK, Epcot and DHS, will probably not do AK. Now need to keep fingers crossed for an AP code or free dining offer!!!!

klwa
08-03-2010, 07:06 AM
Went there in '08 over MLK weekend. Definately a difference from later that week, but still very manageable.