PDA

View Full Version : Which newborn diaper do you like? (Disposable)

luckytwenty
08-02-2010, 10:34 AM
I'm placing a first order on Diapers.com and figured I might as well get some newborn diapers while I can use the discount. I used Pampers Swaddlers for my other children (born in 03 and 05) but saw some really bad reviews on the Diapers.com about their "new formula" with the DryMax.

So which did you end up going with? I'm thinking I'll need about 100 or so, going by my last kids...

♥ms.pacman♥
08-02-2010, 10:45 AM
i loved NB size pampers swaddlers, they were the only ones that didn't leak and they fit best. however that was before the new drymax stuff. it's too bad they changed it.

m4nash
08-02-2010, 10:47 AM
The swaddlers sensitive don't use drymax. I'd go with those. I used those with my now 15 month old and plan to use them with my baby who is due any day now.

luckytwenty
08-02-2010, 11:11 AM
Thanks! I will get the sensitive ones. Not sure what Drymax is, but it sounds like a nightmare!

lchang25000
08-02-2010, 12:36 PM
We used Pampers Swaddlers Sensitive for DS and loved them!

BabyBearsMom
08-02-2010, 12:43 PM
We use Swaddlers and Swaddlers Sensitive. Some babies had an allergic reaction to drymax (very bad rash, similar to a chemical burn). My DD used Drymax before the news story about the rash came out and was always fine with them, and I continue to use the diapers with Drymax (if I can get them without, I do, but if not, I don't). Pampers are the ONLY diapers that don't leak for us (and I have tried about 6 brands now), and since DD always seems fine, I am okay with it.

citymama
08-02-2010, 12:54 PM
We used Pampers Swaddlers Sensitive for DS and loved them!

:yeahthat:

we love pampers sensitive swaddlers too. But don't stock up on NB size; the hospital should hook you up with loads of NB sized dipes before you leave. Diapers.com and amazon.com ship in 2 days so you can order once you're home if you are close to running out.

PGTB
08-02-2010, 01:16 PM
We used 7th generation newborn diapers and they worked great. Didn't get diaper rash or any problems with them and only started to get diaper blowouts once they started to get too tight and sit too low. DS outgrew them quickly at around 6-7 weeks I believe. So, I wouldn't order too many cases of them. We then switched to the next size up and still use it (DS is now 3 months old).

llama8
08-02-2010, 03:02 PM
I would avoid stocking up on Pampers Drymax until you know whether or not your child has a reaction. I loved Swaddlers with my DD, but that was before Drymax. I don't trust that their sensitive line is Drymax free as the company has been pretty dishonest.

Now I switched to Huggies Pure and Natural and am happy (I like Luvs too, but they changed them and I am wary).

I would also avoid stocking up on too many Newborn diapers. My DD wound up being 9 lbs at birth and was too big for newborn. We went into size 1 right away.

luckytwenty
08-02-2010, 03:12 PM
I had a 6 1/2 lber and a 7 lber last time, and needed those NBs for at least a month, but I guess you never know! If they ship in 2 days, I guess I can just start with 30 or so.

lchang25000
08-02-2010, 06:03 PM
DS was 8lbs 10oz at birth and used 1.5 boxes of the newborn size diapers.