PDA

View Full Version : Quick help- 2 yr old sick what to do w baby

Octobermommy
08-02-2010, 01:56 PM
My ds (2.5) has 104.5 fever, was only 100.6 this morning, hoarse voice and threw up once. My dh can't help bc of work. My 9 mo old is very clingy as is my 2 yr old bc he doesn't feel good. How do I manage that without too many screams/ cries. My oldest is at a friends. Should I ask a friend to watch the baby, but I would rather not. Tia!

pantone292
08-02-2010, 02:02 PM
That's a really hard situation. When that happens here I try to cuddle them both as much as possible (while accepting that this means baby might get sick). If my older feels well enough I try to encourage him to relax on the couch and watch tv or look at books. If your older one is actively throwing up, etc, it's ok to put the baby in the crib or pack 'n play while you do the best you can do. I hope it passes quickly. Coxsackie has been going around.

Octobermommy
08-02-2010, 04:05 PM
So I have officially lost my mind. I meant to ask What to do about the ped appt. I should have brought the stroller but baby is a carrier type so I put him in the pikkolo and carried my 2 yr old on my hip. We looked like a sight but you gotta do what you gotta do. Doc just said virus so we will see.

jjjo1112
08-02-2010, 05:36 PM
Really difficult - We are going through the same thing here, 3 and 4 year old are sick - high fevers, vomiting, miserable and then the 1 year old is fine. It was a long day, lots of tears and I'm glad my DH is home from work now :) We just all stayed in our family room- I did shows/movies for sick ones and tried to play/read on the floor to the little one. Hope your little one gets better quickly.