PDA

View Full Version : Bravado bra

KrystalS
08-02-2010, 09:34 PM
I ordered the body silk seamless bra. I really like it and its comfortable but its a little snug around the band. I really want it to be comfortable because I have been miserable the last few weeks/month because my bras are getting too small. Will it still stretch out some? I don't want to send it back for the size bigger and it be huge on me. The cup size is fine, its just the band.

luckytwenty
08-02-2010, 09:51 PM
Sounds like you need a bigger one if the band is tight. I think mine is very comfy but I got a large (was kind of on the cusp of med/large) so I have room to grow. The Body Silk one is the best! I have the other kinds, too, but the seams really irritate me.

WatchingThemGrow
08-02-2010, 09:58 PM
do you have a band extender thing - like from Motherhood or Joanne's or Walmart? I'd try that before sending it back. It's a nursing bra, so you'll likely be smaller around once the baby is born, IME. And...your cup size will likely go up. Hmmm...

sste
08-02-2010, 10:26 PM
I think I lost about an inch in band size post-pregnancy .. . pregnancy really pushes your ribs out depending on how you carry. I would probably go extender or see if the seller would let me exchange post-birth.

KrystalS
08-02-2010, 11:23 PM
I've tried the extenders with my other bras and they are really uncomfortable. Thats the main reason why I bought this bra in place of buying a larger size in my current bras. I really need something more comfortable. I think I will try the bigger size.

essnce629
08-03-2010, 04:30 AM
Your bra band should be snug on the loosest setting when you get it. All bra bands loosen up over time. You usually go up one band size during pregnancy, but then your rib cage goes back to normal as does your band size after giving birth. It may take several weeks though. I LOVE my Bravado Body Silk bras. I think they're the most comfortable and best nursing bras out there! I'm wearing mine right now!

Here's some great info on how to figure out your correct bra size:
http://breakoutbras.stores.yahoo.net/noname1.html

viba424
08-03-2010, 09:03 AM
Thats what drove me crazy the most was that all my bras, especially the bravado and medela bands, were too tight on the ribcage. I stopped using them altogether and went with the thin little gap bras, which I love. Gosh I hated that. Mine never loosened up.

MamaSnoo
08-03-2010, 02:54 PM
I had 2 Bravado silks, and I loved them :heartbeat::heartbeat::heartbeat:! But I will say that after wearing them over 2 years, they loosened up a little, but not much. They seem to be really well made and they just did not stretch out. For me, this was a good thing because they fit in the first place. In your case, I might try to see if you could get the larger size (since you do not like the extenders). I would not count on them stretching out much.