PDA

View Full Version : Very sore inner thighs

luckytwenty
08-02-2010, 09:53 PM
My inner thighs are killing me and it seems to be getting worse, not better. It hurts the most when I have to get up from lying down or sitting for a long time.

At first I thought it was exercise related, but I took a week off exercise because of the pain, and it's still there and then some. Anyone else have this?? Any tricks for dealing with it?

It's funny--my back is fine, the rest of me is fine, but my inner thighs are in hell!!

marymoo86
08-03-2010, 08:17 AM
You've got me stumped! I have no idea what that could be related to especially given that it has not eased up. Perhaps referred pain from something else?

I would call the doc or nurse at your OBs office and see what is recommended.

I had a awful leg cramp last night that almost brought me to tears (did succeed in me letting fly a few choice words!). Ironic thing is that I had eaten 2 bananas and had tons of water yesterday - go figure.

swissair81
08-03-2010, 08:55 AM
Wish I knew, but I'll commiserate. My pelvis is giving out on me & I'm walking at about the same speed as a new toddler. I just want to be on the other side of labor already.

frgsnlzrds
08-03-2010, 11:24 AM
When I was pregnant with E, I thought I had pulled a muscle in my inner thigh pushing a box with my foot. (It was my left foot, and I was pushing the box to the right, I don't know the exact muscle name.) Anyway, it was so bad that I complained about it to my doctor a couple times and I had to see a physical therapist until after the baby was born. It was a complete waste of time, as nothing helped and I pretty much limped for the last two months. And I had to start my FMLA early as I couldn't work.

I really hope that this isn't your problem and that you feel better soon, but if not, try massage. The only reason I kept going back to pt.

Indianamom2
08-03-2010, 06:06 PM
My legs and I believe inner thighs were so sore for the last 3 months or so of my pregnancy with Ds#2.

I felt fantastic the whole time with DD#1, and lousy the whole time, with all sorts of aches and pains with Ds#2. No idea what the difference was (other than being 5 years older!).

I will say that immediately upon delivering, the aches and pains were gone. I actually felt 100% better even the same day I gave birth to Ds#2 because I was so miserable with him inside.

Hopefully, your pain is temporary.

daisymommy
08-03-2010, 06:52 PM
Oh yeah, I remember that fun now :) It's from the relaxin hormone in your pelvis and hips, widening everything, but it's all connected, including to your thigh muscles, so it pulls on them and makes them ache.

ewpmsw
08-04-2010, 09:14 PM
With both pregnancies, my inner thighs hurt when I did the simplest things (shutting drawers or the dishwasher with my foot, for example, or turning over in bed.) It's worst the last couple months. Exercising and stretching more may have helped if I'd tried it. Hope you find something that makes them feel better. GL!