PDA

View Full Version : Stupid MS Access

niccig
08-03-2010, 05:24 AM
I'm trying to finish up a project in MS Access. I just look at the computer the wrong way and the damn database corrupts, and a previously working section is now buggy. I think the last time was my own fault - apparently the power fluctuations in a laptop can cause corruption, and I forgot to plug the laptop in.

Sigh...I just want this project to be OVER..so I NEED the program to cooperate with me, so I don't stay up until 2.25am working on the freakin thing...and DS is not in camp this week, so I need to be on duty during the day and then work in the evenings...And DH wonders why I get all shirty when he tries to talk to me and be funny...dude, go away, I'm in the middle of something difficult and I don't bug you at your work when you're doing something complicated. So Bugger Off, go to bed and talk to me tomorrow during the day.

khalloc
08-03-2010, 08:38 AM
Have you tried using the compact and repair option that Access gives you?

niccig
08-03-2010, 05:04 PM
Have you tried using the compact and repair option that Access gives you?

I was able to create a new database and import everything in. It only took a couple of minutes to do, and it's all working. I'm just very tired of the entire project and I want it to be over and done with. Soon, very soon - like in a week or two hopefully. Thanks for the advice.