PDA

View Full Version : Hate being invisible....

momof2girls
08-03-2010, 09:02 PM
My skinny friend just lost a quick 5 lbs after being sick for a week. I lost 20 lbs after exercising for a yr. and dropped 3 sizes. Today we run into 2 women who we have not seen in a yr....their comment to us "wow (insert friend's name) we were just saying you look like you've lost some weight!"...I hate being invisible.

DrSally
08-03-2010, 09:04 PM
I'm sorry. Congratulations on the weight loss! It feels good when people notice.

niccig
08-03-2010, 09:54 PM
Congratulations..that's an great achievement :cheerleader1:
I actually need to do the same thing..
Ignore those other women, they're just jealous.

Melaine
08-03-2010, 09:57 PM
That would really irk me....I'm sorry they didn't notice, but congratulations. You have my admiration and jealousy!

MamaMolly
08-03-2010, 10:30 PM
You look fabulous! They are just eating their hearts out. :)

momof2girls
08-03-2010, 10:40 PM
:D thanks this is actually making me feel better!

elizabethkott
08-03-2010, 10:47 PM
I'm sorry, what did you just say? I was distracted by trying to find your butt! It's just disappeared! Talk about invisible!!!

citymama
08-04-2010, 03:15 AM
Congrats - 20 lbs! That's impressive!

elliput
08-04-2010, 09:11 AM
Congratulations! 20 lbs is great! :cheerleader1:

I bet both women were trying to figure out what was different about you afterwards.

Corie
08-04-2010, 03:11 PM
My skinny friend just lost a quick 5 lbs after being sick for a week. I lost 20 lbs after exercising for a yr. and dropped 3 sizes. Today we run into 2 women who we have not seen in a yr....their comment to us "wow (insert friend's name) we were just saying you look like you've lost some weight!"...I hate being invisible.

But they might not have meant that as a compliment! They could have been
thinking that she looks like a walking skeleton. "Wow, firstname, we were just
saying you look like you've lost some weight!" (Wow, she looks horrible...said
under their breath.) You never know!

That's why they didn't notice your weight loss. She probably looks sickly.

Does that help?? :)

momof2girls
08-04-2010, 05:18 PM
Thanks everyone. It just irks me b/c I feel like I worked so hard at this...I'll get over it...it helps that my family has all noticed

kozachka
08-04-2010, 09:14 PM
You say it took you about a year to lose weight and your friend's weight change was much quicker. Not to take away from your bitch but if they've seen you within the past year the change might have been more difficult to notice. Weight loss is relative as are most other things in life. You did awesome, you know that and poo on them for not commenting. I need to lose 15-20 lbs and don't have the motivation because I carry it relatively well so most people think I am not as heavy as I actually am which does not help with motivation :(. I am impressed you did it.