PDA

View Full Version : I hate house flies!

alien_host
08-03-2010, 09:11 PM
So gross....ok 1 or 2, fine I can maybe deal with that. But 6-8 flies in the house? I'm not sure if someone left the door open or what. Ick, ick, ick.

I managed to let 3-4 of them out the slider and kitchen (crank out) window. I killed another slow moving one but I keep finding them flying around.

I have a bad feeling it is related to the nasty smell from the attic (which is now gone), but I think maybe another mouse died in the attic and the flies have come. So GROSS! DH set some more mouse traps and I need to get him to check on them. :(

DrSally
08-03-2010, 09:13 PM
I hate them as well! I just got rid of one that had been flying around from a weekend party (people in and out) since Sunday. I came home one day when DD was a baby and she was in her bassinet, with flies walking on her face!! I was so grossed out and mad.

momof2girls
08-03-2010, 09:17 PM
It must be the season...I just set 3 free in the past 2 days...they seem to congregate near my glass door so I just wait for them to find their way there and let them out....very annoying buzzing around the house though

alien_host
08-03-2010, 09:20 PM
I came home one day when DD was a baby and she was in her bassinet, with flies walking on her face!! I was so grossed out and mad.

ACK! I'm so worried they have been walking on my toothbrush...need the puking smilie here....

alien_host
08-03-2010, 09:21 PM
It must be the season...I just set 3 free in the past 2 days...they seem to congregate near my glass door so I just wait for them to find their way there and let them out....very annoying buzzing around the house though

Same here...they get to the slider and I pray I can whip open the door in time to let them escape....damn things!

gobadgers
08-03-2010, 09:28 PM
Blech! The past week has been bad for us too, on the housefly front. On the upside, DS thinks its hilarious when DH smacks them with a rolled up newspaper. (I do try to let them out the door or window too, but DH is not so patient!)

cmo
08-03-2010, 09:42 PM
My 6 & 7 year old DCs (and somewhat, my 4 yo) take fly swatting duty VERY SERIOUSLY. Arm them with fly swatters and even if the flies don't get swatted, they will surely get quite a workout. :-)

MamaMolly
08-03-2010, 10:32 PM
Yup, DD1 is serious about swatting flies. She's not that good at it but tries earnestly. She's a whiz at catching centipedes, though! :)

alexsmommy
08-04-2010, 06:15 PM
Definitely the season, and they are driving me nuts. Makes me feel like we are somehow "dirty" IFKWIM. I hate, hate, hate, them, but they keep getting in.