PDA

View Full Version : What will I forget to pack?

elizabethkott
08-04-2010, 08:20 AM
If you were pretty scatterbrained, had a very active 3 1/2 year old son, your house was in complete and total disarray due to construction that has gone way over schedule so that you have no real "home base" for things like toiletries and such and you were being induced tomorrow, what would you possibly be forgetting to pack for the hospital?
:D

LBW
08-04-2010, 08:24 AM
camera with charged batteries and empty memory card

sste
08-04-2010, 09:03 AM
soothies if BF. Cell phone. Music/ipod.

♥ms.pacman♥
08-04-2010, 09:23 AM
cell phone charger

wendibird22
08-04-2010, 09:28 AM
insurance card/wallet
toothbrush/paste
eyeglasses or contact lenses and case
slippers/shower shoes/flip flops

snacks for DH (when I was induced I labored all day and when DD1 finally arrived the cafeteria was already closed and DH was STARVING!)

SnuggleBuggles
08-04-2010, 09:38 AM
Camera is the only thing I would be devastated not to have. What else do you truly need? Nothing, imo. They have gowns and if you don't like them go au naturale. :) After the baby is on the outside, dh can go home and pick up any postpartum stuff you want and may have forgotten.

Re. snacks from pp- heck, the snacks for *mom* too! I ate during both labors b/c I was hungry.

For me, I was glad to have bikini tops and undies (change of undies) to wear in the water during my labors. Dark bathrobe was nice too.

Beth

KpbS
08-04-2010, 09:57 AM
Snacks, Cami top (I wore this under my gown), hairbrush, lip balm, slippers, and change for vending machines.

I'll be thinking of you!

sewarsh
08-04-2010, 12:43 PM
Pillow!!! Slippers, socks & zip sweatshirt which is easy for BFing if you plan (both hospitals i have birht at were freezing!)

oh, and i would bring little gift from baby to older children so they receive it the first time they meet the baby in the hospital.

swissair81
08-04-2010, 01:28 PM
camera
something you like to drink
phone & charger

Beth24
08-04-2010, 01:28 PM
Nursing bra! Good luck tomorrow.

Andi98989
08-04-2010, 01:35 PM
The only things I really used of my own were:
shampoo
toothbrush/paste
brush
soap
lip balm

I didn't get dressed until we left to come home. At that point I just wore out the same clothes that I wore in (induction).

I overpacked for myself and DH brought a ton of stuff back home the second night.

I did pack a change of clothes for him which was handy. Otherwise it was the standard camera, chargers, laptop, etc... The hospital gave us plenty of snacks and beverages.

Roni
08-04-2010, 02:28 PM
Music. And objects to focus on during labor (unles you're having a c-section).

ThreeofUs
08-04-2010, 02:59 PM
LOL, this was my situation exactly. I forgot the books. But, thanks to this board, nothing else!

here are the things I found I couldn't live without:
-a good shampoo, conditioner, bodywash and lotion for me
-pj shorts and s/l top
-slip-in slippers
-nicer nursing top for pictures
-small notepad and pen for jotting things down (memories, ideas, "honey do"s, etc.)
-things to eat for constipation easing (tmi, sorry)

GL and let us know how everything goes!

happymom
08-04-2010, 03:05 PM
Your own maxi pads if your are particular like me and don't like the ones the hospital provides!

Good luck tomorrow! Can't wait to hear the great news!

LarsMal
08-04-2010, 03:43 PM
I have nothing to add except :cheerleader1:

Good luck tomorrow!! Can't wait to "meet" your little guy!

newg
08-04-2010, 04:32 PM
Lotion!! It is very dry in this hospital and I am having DH slather me with lotion when I get out of the shower.

creativelightbulb
08-04-2010, 04:38 PM
nothing to add but ... :cheerleader1:GOOD LUCK!!!

MoJo
08-04-2010, 04:45 PM
MAKE SURE the camera card is in the camera! (DH took ours out while I was laboring at home, and I grabbed the camera not realizing that.)

Maybe lighter weight PJs with buttons for nursing. I brought long sleeves, and couldn't wear them b/c they kept the room warm for the baby.

And something for baby to wear for hospital photos.

Best wishes for tomorrow!

ewpmsw
08-04-2010, 09:11 PM
I always suggest shower shoes of some kind in these threads.

Good luck tomorrow and congrats!!!!