PDA

View Full Version : Bravado bra questions - silk vs. other styles

oneontheway
08-04-2010, 09:58 AM
I need to order 1 or 2 nursing bras. With DS and DD I had the regular bravado bra and didn't really like it. How are the silk ones better? Would I be better off with the silk or the one for large busted mommas (prepreg, I'm a DD, preggo i'm at least an E/F)?
Can you find these bras in stores or just online?
Thanks!!

Wondermom
08-04-2010, 01:45 PM
I recently got a Bravado Bliss. Very lightly-padded/molded bra with NO underwire and the BEST support of any nursing bra I've tried on, plus it was available in my size --32 e/f. I'm nursing my second kid, and I noticed the girls were going south in the old nursing bra I was using, and thought it was time to try something with more support. It's not as comfortable as the silk, which I also tried, but the silk is not much support at my cup size. It'd be fine for hanging around the house/weekends/sleeping.

I called a rep at both breakoutbras.com and at birthandbaby to get bra recommendations this time around and got several different ones to try. There was a Melinda G that was both comfortable and slightly more supportive than my old bra, but less supportive than the Bliss. Since the MG was an expensive bra (as is the bliss), I decided to just go with the Bliss.

That reminds me, I have returns to make...

longtallsally05
08-16-2010, 03:36 PM
I am an E/F when nursing and the Bravado Body Silk bras didn't give enough support while actively breastfeeding. I did wear them while I was in the process of weaning & the girls were shrinking back to normal size (D/DD). They are very comfy (the band doesn't roll like other Bravado bras), and practically invisible under clothing. I like the removable pad b/c it disguises pads & headlights. I had to force myself put them away and put my underwires back on after I weaned. I'm saving them for the next round!

Beth24
08-16-2010, 10:04 PM
I am also an e/f and have found the silk bras to have enough support during my postpartum period. I have used them around the house and for running errands and taking walks. They are very comfortable and very flexible size wise for when you are bigger after your milk first comes in and then when your supply is more regular. Highly recommend!

luckytwenty
08-17-2010, 07:18 AM
I am LOVING the Bravado Body Silk. The lack of seams makes it much more comfy than the regular bravado and it actually looks like a real bra, not a cotton sports bra.

I found mine online at bravado.com w/ 20% on July 4. They may have a similar sale for Labor Day.

Not pregnant/nursing I am a C/D, pregnant I am probably up to an E by now, and nursing I tend to be a large D or DD.

I didn't wear the regular Bravado beyond the first month postpartum the last two times because I was pretty much in my old bras, just a little bit more snugly. I'm OK with underwire while nursing once the milk supply has settled down, though.

OctoberMommy2010
08-17-2010, 09:55 PM
I just purchased a couple of Bravado's on diapers.com. I first called Bravado to get their opinion on sizing. Diapers is currently having a 20% off sale to celebrate National Breastfeeding Month and since my order was over $50 (I think that's the limit) I received free shipping. It was a good price, especially considering they have free return shipping (because I sent one back for a different size.)

ally
09-11-2010, 11:02 PM
I ordered both the Supreme for bigger busts and the Seamless Silk. I ended up sending back the Supreme ones. I really didn't like the way they sat on me, but I'm still a week away from giving birth. I LOVE the Seamless Silk so far, I can't believe a wireless bra can give this much support and shape. Try awaybabyessentials.com or nurtured family.com, the 1st has better pricing, the 2nd will send you a 10% discount via email when you sign up for their newsletter.