PDA

View Full Version : Booking Hotels

K-Bear
08-04-2010, 02:47 PM
We are planning to go 2.5.11 through 2.12.11 and I'm still researching hotels. I've heard good things about the Contemporary (it seems so convenient!) but I see really good deals on off-site hotels from Mousesavers. But none of these deals go into 2011 yet. When do 2011 deals start appearing for off-site hotels? When should I book a hotel? Now or can I wait a few months to get a good deal?

mousemom
08-04-2010, 05:15 PM
We are planning a trip for mid-January and were also frustrated that none of the deals run through January. When we inquired, most seemed to say that new deals for 2011 would be released anytime from mid-August to mid-September. We ended up going with renting DVC points instead of a hotel, but I think our alternative plan was to book a room at the Swan/Dolphin then cancel/rebook if a better rate came out. If you do something like that, just make sure that the reservation can be cancelled without any penalty (most can, at least up to a certain point).

clc053103
08-04-2010, 08:08 PM
I am not sure about off-site hotels, but for on site disney hotels the 2011 rates should be in place in a few weeks, and after that some deals should follow. You could book it when the rates come out and then call if a new promotion starts and they will change it for you if the rooms are available. I currently have a room booked for Jan and am waiting for the AP discounts to come out so I can call to have them applied!