PDA

View Full Version : How do they Enforce EMH?

nightbird1103
08-04-2010, 11:32 PM
Believe me, I have no intentions of staying at MK until 2am, but how do they enforce the extra magic hours? I.E., how can they tell whether you're staying in a Disney resort?

Just wondering. . . .

egoldber
08-05-2010, 06:39 AM
For the eveing EMH hours, they set up stations throughout the park close to the regular closing time and give out wristbands to resort guests. Once EMH hours start, you need a wristband to be in the park.

clc053103
08-05-2010, 07:56 AM
For the eveing EMH hours, they set up stations throughout the park close to the regular closing time and give out wristbands to resort guests. Once EMH hours start, you need a wristband to be in the park.

Did they just start doing this in the past year? That sounds great, much better than the previous method of pulling out your key card at every single ride to show you are a resort guest!

egoldber
08-05-2010, 08:06 AM
Really? They've done the wristbands as long as I can remember.

egoldber
08-05-2010, 08:10 AM
Interesting. I just Googled and apparently they eliminated the wristband system awhile ago. I'm trying to remember when we last got one because we don't typically use the evening EMH.

Honestly, I can see why they changed the system. It was easy, for example, get a wristband and then give it to someone else, and then get another one.

clc053103
08-05-2010, 08:29 AM
Interesting. I just Googled and apparently they eliminated the wristband system awhile ago. I'm trying to remember when we last got one because we don't typically use the evening EMH.

Honestly, I can see why they changed the system. It was easy, for example, get a wristband and then give it to someone else, and then get another one.

I was hoping it was new because I didn't like pulling out all our key cards at every ride- my biggest fear is always losing that darned card so once I swipe us into the park I usually put it in a zippered pocket and leave it there. We really only do EMH the 1 night of our trip for MK though. The kids like riding in the dark!

lhafer
08-05-2010, 08:45 AM
According to the disboards, it's still the Key card method. They did away with the wristbands, even though they were MUCH preferred!! Now you have to pull out your keycard every single time (and hope they don't get dropped/lost/etc).

TwinFoxes
08-05-2010, 09:10 AM
This is bad news for me. I can lose a movie ticket between buying it at the kiosk, and walking to the usher. I just can not keep track of things...well, except the girls.:p