PDA

View Full Version : DisneyLand in October

MacMacMoo
08-05-2010, 04:05 AM
We have no solid plans yet. But what are the pros and cons of going to Disneyland on a weekend vs weekday in October.

TwinFoxes
08-05-2010, 09:12 AM
OK, I just realized you said disney LAND, not WORLD. Geez, my eyes are failing me!

I was an AP holder at DL for years. October is a great time to go! The weather is very nice. I would definitely go on a weekday if possible, not a weekend, because the crowds will be less. The earlier closing time probably won't bother you, since you have a LO. The Halloween decorations are cool, like all Disney holiday decorations, they're fun to see. The Haunted Mansion is the biggest change, it's changed into a Nightmare Before Christmas theme. There's also a Mickey's Halloween party where people, including adults, go in costume. But it's an extra cost, and since your little guy is so young you probably wouldn't be able to stay late enough to get your moneys worth. It used to be at California Adventure, but I read that this year it will be at Magic Kingdom.

I think you will really enjoy October. The crowds are fewer, and the weather is usually perfect.

sariana
08-05-2010, 11:36 AM
A weekday always is going to be better than a weekend for Disneyland, but in October the difference might be less significant. Some SoCal season passes aren't valid on certain weekends; people get them to take their kids on weekday afternoons.

DL does have a Hallowe'en theme in October. I've never gone during that time, so I'm not sure what they do. I've only seen the commercials.

October ususally is a great month weather-wise. It isn't likely to be super-hot (though we've had a cool summer this year, so we might be in for a hot fall), but it likely won't rain either (though there are no guarantees).

I think October is kind of a "down" time for DL, which may be why they started the Hallowe'en theme thing. You're probably okay going on either a weekday or a weekend.

One advantage to a weekend is that the hours of operation probably will be longer. In the off-seasons, DL closes at 9 or 10 on weeknights. Also, they do fireworks only on the weekends (if at all). I don't know how far ahead they post park hours; check the web site periodically to find out how long they will be open at the time you plan to go. (It should be posted by the beginning of September if it's not already there.)

rlu
08-09-2010, 04:33 PM
A weekday always is going to be better than a weekend for Disneyland, but in October the difference might be less significant. Some SoCal season passes aren't valid on certain weekends; people get them to take their kids on weekday afternoons.

DL does have a Hallowe'en theme in October. I've never gone during that time, so I'm not sure what they do. I've only seen the commercials.

October ususally is a great month weather-wise. It isn't likely to be super-hot (though we've had a cool summer this year, so we might be in for a hot fall), but it likely won't rain either (though there are no guarantees).

I think October is kind of a "down" time for DL, which may be why they started the Hallowe'en theme thing. You're probably okay going on either a weekday or a weekend.

One advantage to a weekend is that the hours of operation probably will be longer. In the off-seasons, DL closes at 9 or 10 on weeknights. Also, they do fireworks only on the weekends (if at all). I don't know how far ahead they post park hours; check the web site periodically to find out how long they will be open at the time you plan to go. (It should be posted by the beginning of September if it's not already there.)

We were there for halloween in 2005 and they had fireworks on the weekend, but not during the week due to school. We had good weather and really enjoyed ourselves. DS was around 18 months so we did not do the in-park halloween event but they had trick or treating at the DL hotel (get a map from the front desk).

DH and I enjoyed the halloween theming on Haunted Mansion. Note Small World may be closed for Xmas decorating (it was when we were there).

eta: weather wise, the pics show DS in shorts and short sleeves.