PDA

View Full Version : Bag to hold water bottle/Klean Kanteen, etc

whome?
08-05-2010, 08:59 PM
My two are no longer in diapers, but I still need to tote around snacks and 2 Klean Kateens or water bottles plus my wallet, cell phone, sunglasses, and Epipens. I am not sure if the pockets on the Skip Hop Dash or Timi and Leslie tag-a-long or Re-Run messenger hold water bottles or Klean Kateens or just fit short baby bottles. I looked at Bumkins but they are lead-safe vs. lead-free so I don't like that. I am still waiting to find out if SH or Timi and Leslie are lead-free vs. lead safe. Any recommendations?

ang79
08-07-2010, 03:12 PM
Not sure about the lead free thing, but the Overland Donner sounds like it would be a good fit for you. Its a travel purse but I know many mamas here love it as a smaller dipe bag or toddler bag. You can fit two water bottles in the outside pockets. There is a back slip pocket for papers or thin things, a front organizer pocket for cell phone, etc. and the main compartment would hold your other stuff. They sell them at REI if you have one of those near to check it out IRL. Or Ebags and other online stores carry them and older models also pop up on Ebay every now and then. I think Eddie Bauer also makes a very similar bag, or they used to.

krocodile
08-08-2010, 09:22 PM
I've used the Overland Donnor and thought it was great. I also am not sure about the lead factor.

My current favorite bag is the REI Mini Sling. Fits every cup/bottle I've put in it and actually fits a lot without being bulky. Not sure about lead though

http://www.rei.com/product/763430

Katigre
08-08-2010, 10:06 PM
I use my Skip Hop (Target version) and it holds both a 18 oz and 12 oz KK just fine - I carry them both with me often.

You could also use a backpack and just stick one or more water bottles inside the main pocker (just be sure they're tightly closed!).