PDA

View Full Version : Nursing bra help

csnoop
08-07-2010, 02:18 PM
I am one week post partum w/DS and am in need of a few more nursing bras. I have a couple from the last time I was pregnant (from Motherhood) but they are not the greatest.

I had bought the Bravado nursing tank before I gave birth. I tried it on yesterday and was not a big fan of it. It fits really tight on my chest and feels really restrictive. The snaps were difficult to unsnap for me. I tend to get an overabundant of milk supply and one breast is bigger than the other so that bra needs to be a somewhat forgiving in that area.
I also don't want to spend a lot of $$ on the bras since this should be our last kid.

Can anyone recommend another bra that I should try? I am a size 36B ish. I was looking at the regular Bravado bra and wonder how they fit. I also don't know if I should try the Target brand nursing tank or if I should give up on tanks altogether. The Target closest to my house (still 20 mins away) and only seem to stock L or XL sizes.

Thanks in advance!

CC

wellyes
08-07-2010, 02:36 PM
The regular Bravado bra is an awesome everyday/casual bra. Very comfortable both at maximum first-days-after-birth engorgement and when the baby is older & you're only nursing 1-2 times per day. I've accumulated about 5 of them over the years. You can try one from here, they have a great return policy: http://breakoutbras.stores.yahoo.net/bravdoubplus.html

The Target nursing tank is way more comfortable than the Bravado one.

dsb22
08-08-2010, 10:10 PM
You might like the Bravado body silk bra. I got a couple while nursing dc #2. I actually didn't wear them much then b/c I didn't like pulling down the entire bra cup to nurse. However, if that's not an issue, it is a very comfortable and shape enhancing bra. I'm actually wearing mine now--8 months after weaning--and really like it. I was a 36C while nursing, am now a 32C, and the medium size still fits. It has thin, removable pads for shaping, which I didn't need while nursing but now most definitely do :}. (I have black and the pads do not show through, but I think they may on the beige version.) I got mine from a lactation consultant, who recommended waiting to buy until I was past the feeling-full-all-the-time stage in order to get a good fit.

I personally lived in Glamourmom tanks, but they fit very snugly and it sounds like that might bother you. (I'm normally a size 2-4 and the medium size was very form fitting.) They do wear very well, and I loved the nursing pad pocket and coverage at the top while nursing.

hth

Beth24
08-09-2010, 12:43 AM
I like the Bravado body silk bras, Medela comfort line bras and the Target side sling nursing tanks for the post partum period. All moderately supportive and very comfortable.

citymama
08-09-2010, 01:36 AM
Csnoop: congrats!

I like the Target nursing tanks too. It's soooo hard to get out of the house at this stage though, even for just a 20 minute drive. For the first couple of weeks I used my Japanese Weekend nursing bra (very comfy and not too constraining) and a Bravado bra. The Bravado one wasn't comfy and chafed. I ordered a tank online at Motherhood Maternity and liked that the tank was less constricting. Really like it. My glamormom sz small tanks from DD1 didn't fit, and even a new sz medium I got seemed too tight. By contrast, I'm comfortably in sz small Target tanks and MM tanks.

essnce629
08-09-2010, 06:31 AM
I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE my Bravado Body Silk bras! They are soooo comfortable and will transition with you through several sizes and engorement.

They're on sale at Breakout Bras right now and you can get an additional 10% off with the code "BBASH2010" as well.
http://breakoutbras.stores.yahoo.net/bosisenubrab.html

csnoop
08-09-2010, 07:19 PM
Thanks everyone for your suggestions. I just put in an order for the reg Bravado bra at Breakoutbras. If that doesn't work out, I will exchange it for the Bravado Body Silk bras. .

CC