PDA

View Full Version : Transportation question for WDW

liz
08-07-2010, 03:45 PM
I have a transportation question. I haven't seen it answered anywhere, so I thought I'd ask your opinion.

We will most likely be staying on WDW property with a bus line to the parks. I was wondering how long the bus ride was from door to door (we probably will be staying at OKW or SSR, possibly AKL). The Unofficial Guide says anywhere from 5-15 minutes for most parks. Does this seem accurate to you? I thought it would take longer because of frequent stops and traffic.

Secondly, I was wondering the availability of taxis. Do you think this would be a faster way of getting to Epcot or Animal Kingdom?

egoldber
08-07-2010, 04:00 PM
5-15 minutes? That's generous for travel time to any park. The most time is spent waiting for the bus. The actual ride time on the bus is relatively short, especially for a bus with dedicated resort service. I think 15-20 minutes actual travel time on the bus is pretty average. But remember the bus drops you right at the front of the park, saving a lot of time.

I know taxis are available, but I can't imagine it is cheap.

alien_host
08-07-2010, 04:29 PM
The wait for the bus varies a lot, it really depends on luck...if the bus just pulled away you could wait 15 minutes or more for a bus.

Can you do a taxi with a child who needs a car seat? I'd stick with the bus...it's not that bad...you get used to it and hope the bus gods are looking down on you when you have to go catch one ;)