PDA

View Full Version : sharing the photopass

KrisM
08-07-2010, 03:54 PM
I thought I'd preorder the Photopass CD for $99. It says it doesn't expire, so I figured I'd do it now while the offer is available.

My question - we're travelling with my brother's family and my parents. Can we all use the same preorder CD somehow? I know you get a card with the number on it, but would we need 3 cards with that number? Or can we use more numbers on the same CD account?

egoldber
08-07-2010, 03:57 PM
You can put several PhotoPass numbers on one order. We always end up with 2-3 just for us because I can't find it or DH and I are separated and we each get one, etc. We've also split a PhotoPass CD with 2 other families before.

KrisM
08-07-2010, 04:14 PM
Thanks, Beth! That's great. Makes it pretty much a no-brainer to spend $99 and split it 3 ways.

alien_host
08-07-2010, 04:22 PM
Like Beth said, you can definitely use multiple cards, multiple people. I think you can also have a "share site" so all the people can get on and edit/add borders, but I'm not 100% sure about that.

Definitely worth it if you can split it, IMO.

Just start editing your photos early...the website is painfully slow and very aggravating at times ;)

THis website has some good tips: http://www.stitchkingdom.com/disneysphotopass/

ETA: When you do get to the point of ordering your CD, watch for codes ( via e-mail or on the photopass site) that offer $15 of a CD. I found you can apply that to a second CD, making it about $5, which is handy if you have multiple people who want the CD....instead of taking the time to burn copies.

egoldber
08-07-2010, 04:28 PM
I think you can also have a "share site" so all the people can get on and edit/add borders, but I'm not 100% sure about that.

I just used a generic password so we could all edit the site as we wanted.

Then we ordered one CD and DH made copies.

alien_host
08-07-2010, 04:35 PM

That's def. the cheapest route...unless you are lazy like me and it can take months to actually sit down burn the CD for people or e-mail pics ;)

egoldber
08-07-2010, 04:42 PM
LOL! We're pretty lazy. I guess we're cheaper than we are lazy. ;)

klwa
08-09-2010, 06:53 AM
I just used a generic password so we could all edit the site as we wanted.

That's what we did as well. Gave the password info to SIL & my mom (we went with the inlaws & then my parents ended up going with my nephew at the same time) & they both edited. Once we got the CD, we burned the copies & everyone got it. Worked great!