PDA

View Full Version : Thanks for springing this on me DH

HIU8
08-07-2010, 10:19 PM
So tonight DH says how he is so looking forward to Sept. 11th. First thing I think is HUH. So I say, what is Sept. 11th. He says he is going away with the guys to woodstock to watch the Penn State game. There is supposedly something going on in woodstock that weekend. I'm pissed. He doesn't get why, so let me vent it here before I go ape **** on DH.

1-no I don't care/mind that he goes away with the guys. He does work hard.
2-Yes, I mind that he hates yardwork and puts it off and would prefer to pay a service with $$ we simply do not have (we don't have someone come in and clean the house for this same reason--I AM THE CLEANING LADY). I'm sick of hearing him say he has no down time (as we spends hours watching TV at night).
3-YES I mind that he is fed up with caring for the kids. He should not have had them if he didn't want them.
4- Yes, I mind that his trip is on ROSH HASHANAH. Yes, we are going to Shul. Yes, we are setting an example for the kids (well, at least I am).
5-Yes, I mind that he doesn't know details of his trip (specifically what day he will leave, how long he will be gone etc....)

DH is the type of person who glosses over details. He normally gets everything wrong--our kids ages, bdays, important dates, his schedule for work etc....

I so wish DH would get a clue. Life is hard. We are all tired. This is not unique to him. He does not deserve down time any more or less than the next person (or me for that matter).

gatorsmom
08-07-2010, 10:32 PM
Ugh, I totally understand why you are mad. I understood before you even listed reasons. And I'm sorry becuase that would be very frustrating to me too.

Why the heck can't they grow up???!!!

HIU8
08-07-2010, 10:36 PM
I'm still trying to figure out why a 46 yr old man is still so into his college it's like he is still there. We get their magazine, he watches all their games (all sports), we hang out with his Penn State buddies, the kids know the Penn State fight song, etc...

Maybe it's me, but I went to a university where sports were not high on the list. Sure I keep in touch with friends and I get their materials, but it's certainly not all consuming like it is for DH.

liz
08-08-2010, 08:56 AM
:hug: I'd be really pissed off, too. There's no winning that fight is there? You always look like the bad guy, when of course you are not.

MamaMolly
08-08-2010, 09:14 AM
I'm still trying to figure out why a 46 yr old man is still so into his college it's like he is still there. We get their magazine, he watches all their games (all sports), we hang out with his Penn State buddies, the kids know the Penn State fight song, etc...

I knew DH wouldn't be able to resist the day the credit card application with his alma mater printed on the front came. Sometimes I think if they slapped the school name on a pile of dog poo DH would still want to buy it! :irked:

ANd yes, you have every reason to be frustrated. Your DH and mine both need to grow up.

Smillow
08-08-2010, 12:46 PM
My DH will be 48 this week and I see no progress regarding this "growing up" you speak of! Prolonged adolescence has gotten WAY out of hand!