PDA

View Full Version : Quick Help- Graduation Dinner

tamie
08-08-2010, 09:42 AM
My DH graduated yesterday with his Masters in Speech Pathology. We are having a dinner at church tonight with about 50 people- 17 of which are children.

I am having it catered and had planned to serve Greek Salad, Fruit Tray, Chicken Marsala, Chicken with Lemon Butter and Capers, Roasted Potatoes and Rolls.

My mother in law says we should have chicken tenders and chips for the kids. Do you think that's necessary?

I really don't have anymore money in my budget for chicken tenders. Should I pick up a cheese tray or veggie tray too?

What should I do? Thanks for your help.

kristenk
08-08-2010, 09:48 AM
You have enough of the regular menu to feed the kids, right? I'd be thrilled that my kid didn't have a chicken tender fall-back position to rely on. I know she'd like the chicken with lemon butter, roasted potatoes, fruit and rolls, but she wouldn't be as willing to try that stuff if she could just have chicken tenders instead.

I think that you have enough kid friendly food that it shouldn't be a problem. If you wanted to add anything, though, I'd go with a cheese tray.

elephantmeg
08-08-2010, 09:54 AM
I think it's fine without. I don't expect that there will be kid food at events and if all else fails they will eat potatoes and rolls!

SnuggleBuggles
08-08-2010, 10:18 AM
You have enough of the regular menu to feed the kids, right? I'd be thrilled that my kid didn't have a chicken tender fall-back position to rely on. I know she'd like the chicken with lemon butter, roasted potatoes, fruit and rolls, but she wouldn't be as willing to try that stuff if she could just have chicken tenders instead.

I think that you have enough kid friendly food that it shouldn't be a problem. If you wanted to add anything, though, I'd go with a cheese tray.

:yeahthat: No reason for chicken tenders. Kids won't die if one meal they eat doesn't have kid exclusive fare.

eta- congrats to your dh!!! :)

Beth

bubbaray
08-08-2010, 10:23 AM
I think that menu sounds fine for kids -- if they don't like the chicken, there are other things they will eat.

Congratulations to your DH!

crl
08-08-2010, 10:27 AM
The menu sounds just fine to me. Congratulations to your dh!

Catherine

kijip
08-08-2010, 01:41 PM
I don't think you need chicken tenders. Frankly, if I were coming I would prefer they were not there so my kids would be more likely to eat the lemon or marsala chicken. Without them there, some kids will decide to eat the chicken and there is plenty of salad, fruit, potatoes and rolls to fill up on if not.

tamie
08-08-2010, 01:51 PM
Thanks everyone!

I am not buying chicken tenders.

Looking forward to the party!