PDA

View Full Version : Hormonal, Pregnant Rant...

swissair81
08-08-2010, 11:56 AM
I have been having contractions for 3 days. I can't walk or sleep or eat or do anything remotely functional. I am getting my money's worth out of netflix, because that is what my kids do all day when I have to watch them. I'm half wishing that when I go to the Dr tomorrow, she tells me that I'm very dilated, but something tells me that I will be totally closed & have another few weeks of this & I better not wish too hard. So I thought I would shop online, but I can't think of anything.

BigDog
08-08-2010, 04:31 PM
Oh how I feel your pain! I'm due Sept 7, so only a few days from you. I'm having contractions too and I swear when I get to my appt on Thurs they're going to tell me I'm 7cm dilated or something! I don't see myself making it past August. Plus, I'm about to make a sign to hang around my neck that says "don't look at me or talk to me unless you want an a$$-kicking!", because everyone is getting on my nerves! Especially DH! I work from home full-time too and this week the home daycare that my DS (who is almost 3yrs old and has been perfecting the art of tantrums) goes to is closed for vacation, so I'll have him home with me all week. I don't know how I'm going to survive. I think I'll be taking a few mental health days this week...

sste
08-08-2010, 04:47 PM
That sucks! The final weeks are really hard. I am in pretty much the same boat - - though I can eat . . . and eat . . . and eat. It is sleeping (the benadryl rec'd here is working pretty well though).

Anyway, I know you don't want to go too early but my OB has a theory that the baby comes when the mom's body cannot.take.anymore! It sounds like you are getting there so maybe mid-August?

Also, last pregnancy I was only dilated 1/2 cm and my water broke. My murky understanding of this is that effacement matters more than dilation but neither matters that much, especially for subsequent pregnancies. So, don't despair if you aren't dilated at the next appointment.

swissair81
08-08-2010, 05:36 PM
Nah, I won't despair. My earliest baby (36 weeks & 5 days), I was still tightly closed just a few hours before she was born. As for the weight, I don't think I have gained an ounce in the past 6 weeks. When I do, it's like watermelon. Also, urinary retention sucks. 'Nuff said.

Oh, and I am pretty P.O.ed at just about everybody & everything. There is this woman I know who is divorced & she asked if she can come visit from 8/18-8/31. Like the bizarre idiot I am, I said yes. I just told dh tonight that I am going to tell her she can't come, to spare her feelings & my sanity. I can barely walk, how will I entertain someone in an area with no PT? Just. Not. Happening.

ewpmsw
08-08-2010, 09:04 PM
Oh, and I am pretty P.O.ed at just about everybody & everything. There is this woman I know who is divorced & she asked if she can come visit from 8/18-8/31. Like the bizarre idiot I am, I said yes. I just told dh tonight that I am going to tell her she can't come, to spare her feelings & my sanity. I can barely walk, how will I entertain someone in an area with no PT? Just. Not. Happening.

I am right there with you. I'm due 8/18 (earlier by my own calculations) and everyone is a PITA. I have no patience with poor DH and DD. And when my MIL decided for us that we'd host her sister a night or two this past weekend, I said NO, so sorry. Seriously, those last days before the baby comes should really be a time for the mama and family to prepare and rest, if possible. Who wants company when we're this uncomfortable? I've had pretty strong B-H contractions for the past several days as well as some of the other early signs that things might finally be moving along (fingers crossed), and I could tell MIL, FIL and the aunt noticed I was up and moving around a lot, esp. making a lot of trips to the bathroom. They seemed surprised that I was so uncomfortable and so unwilling to do a birthday dance around FIL and put up with DD's toddler shenanigans in a restaurant.

Gah. It will be over soon, right? Good luck, swissair and other ladies. Hope you all can get some relief and rest.

luckytwenty
08-09-2010, 10:23 AM
Hang in there!!! Hope the next few days and/or weeks pass as quickly as they can for you. The end is near! I'm just beginning the third trimester and while I know how much the end sucks, I do wish I had a shorter countdown remaining!

Roni
08-09-2010, 10:57 AM
I'm due Sept. 7th, too. I've been having a lot of contractions, too, which is really annoying me, since I'm probably going to end up with a c-section. I'm less grumpy right now, though, because my dd's are visiting my parents for the week, so I have lot of peace and quiet. But, I have so much cleaning to do to get ready for the baby and the birthday party that I'm hosting for dd2 this weekend. I was definitely losing it on the girls all last week. We had the family party this weekend. The nice thing was that my mother and sister could tell whenever I had contractions, and they kept making me sit down and drink.

I was supposed to bring the girls to my parents and go to my cousin's shower yesterday, but I was too nervous to travel with all of the contractions I was having. So, I sent them with my parents a day early and stayed home. I ended up getting to spend the day alone w/ dh. I don't know when I last did that. Even though we were getting projects done, we still had a nice day and did take time out to go for a boat ride. He joked that this would be what life would be like in 25 years if we're still alive.

So, today, I'm staying home, getting things done in baby steps, and resting up for tomorrow's marathon day of an ultrasound an hour away and then coming back for a Dr. appt. and hospital tour.

Hang in there, everyone! Try to get a mental health break, if you can, swissair81. Having a house guest would be nuts right now (unless she's coming to help you out, but it doesn't sound that way.) I think you made the right decision.

swissair81
08-09-2010, 01:22 PM
So I went to the Dr today. She doesn't want me carrying my son or really walking around until after I hit 37 weeks (on Saturday). Apparently, the head is down & I am almost fully effaced & starting to dilate. She doesn't think I will make it out the next 2 weeks, considering that I have been contracting almost nonstop since Friday. Also, my hemoglobin is really low before the birth & I have no idea what it will be after. As of this morning, it was 9.8. Yippee.

Roni
08-09-2010, 03:58 PM
It sounds like you are nearing the finish line! Hang in there!

ewpmsw
08-09-2010, 04:40 PM
So I went to the Dr today. She doesn't want me carrying my son or really walking around until after I hit 37 weeks (on Saturday). Apparently, the head is down & I am almost fully effaced & starting to dilate. She doesn't think I will make it out the next 2 weeks, considering that I have been contracting almost nonstop since Friday. Also, my hemoglobin is really low before the birth & I have no idea what it will be after. As of this morning, it was 9.8. Yippee.

So close!!!! Take care and best wishes!

lovebebes
08-09-2010, 05:31 PM

Can you run out and get some Floradix? It is really awesome for raising your iron levels!

swissair81
08-09-2010, 07:54 PM
Can you run out and get some Floradix? It is really awesome for raising your iron levels!

What is it and where do I get some? Will it constipate the heck out of me? When the Dr mentioned the possible need for a transfusion, I wasn't so thrilled. I'm certainly willing to try. The Slo Fe hasn't been doing diddly squat.

arivecchi
08-10-2010, 01:39 PM
Hope you are feeling better today. Those last few weeks were torture for me. :grouphug: