PDA

View Full Version : Wooden Thomas Roundhouse

swrc00
08-08-2010, 04:39 PM
I found one at a consigment store for a pretty good price. I am just curious if it actually gets played with. It also seems to take up a lot of space. Any experiences? TIA

jerigirl
08-08-2010, 10:22 PM
They are pretty big. DS likes to park some of his trains in there "to go to sleep" or hide.

new_mommy25
08-09-2010, 01:29 AM
DS always enjoyed playing with his. If you can find a turntable that increases the fun.

swrc00
08-09-2010, 07:55 AM
Thanks for the responses. The roundhouse at the consignment store comes with a turntable, which means it is an even better bargain. I read some reviews on Amazon and it seems that the deluxe model (red doors) has some quality issues. A lot of reviewers suggested the basic with the green doors. Which ones do you guys have?

jerigirl
08-09-2010, 10:59 AM
We actually have the Maxim roundhouse (http://www.amazon.com/Maxim-Train-Roundhouse-5-Way-Track/dp/B0006NARAE) and not the Thomas brand one. (It's all compatible.) A local toy store had some AMAZING deals last Xmas and I went crazy with the train stuff. :bag

new_mommy25
08-09-2010, 11:14 PM
Thanks for the responses. The roundhouse at the consignment store comes with a turntable, which means it is an even better bargain. I read some reviews on Amazon and it seems that the deluxe model (red doors) has some quality issues. A lot of reviewers suggested the basic with the green doors. Which ones do you guys have?

We have the one that doesn't make sounds (is that the basic?). Bought it off Craigslist so it was used when we got it. Never had a problem with it and DS probably played with it for a good 2 years before he grew out of trains.

jse107
08-10-2010, 10:27 AM
We have whatever the basic wooden one is with the turntable. DS loved playing with it, and it still gets use form time to time. No quality issues here! If you can get it for a good price--go for it!

swrc00
08-14-2010, 09:33 PM
I broke down and bought it this morning. I couldn't pass it up. It is the deluxe one and all of the doors except one have come off since this morning. I removed the doors and will put them back on when DS can play more gently. I still think it is a great toy and DS loves it.