PDA

View Full Version : post partum pain!!

prats
08-09-2010, 10:59 AM
did anyone still have pain 15 days after a vaginal delivery....how much was the pain?.......i am still taking pain meds around the clock, and am getting pain down there inspite of that.......have no fever,fowl smell or any discharge which might indicate infection! am going to my ob tomorrow.....but cant wait till then.........

maiaann
08-09-2010, 11:55 AM
Did you have an episiotomy or significant tearing? With DD2 I had a really rough recovery and I blame it on the episiotomy. With DD3 I had minimal vaginal trauma and my recovery went much smoother.

edurnemk
08-09-2010, 12:06 PM
I had to take pain meds for almost a month. I was fine until the effect would start to wear off, and then I couldn't even sit down, I was so uncomfortable. I had some tearing and the stitches were painful, but I also had general pain in the area, not just around the tear.

prats
08-09-2010, 01:22 PM
I had to take pain meds for almost a month. I was fine until the effect would start to wear off, and then I couldn't even sit down, I was so uncomfortable. I had some tearing and the stitches were painful, but I also had general pain in the area, not just around the tear.

experiencing the same thing!! and yes i did have an episiotomy and had a tear too!!
what did u do about it?

edurnemk
08-09-2010, 01:28 PM
experiencing the same thing!! and yes i did have an episiotomy and had a tear too!!
what did u do about it?

I was hooked on Motrin for a month, sat on a pillow and then it just started to get better. I don't have much other advise to offer, though. I don't want to worry you but the area around the tear was sensitive for about 6 months. But the regular all-day pain was gone after 4-5 weeks.

sariana
08-09-2010, 01:41 PM
Are you still using the warm water wash? I found that it helped even when I no longer needed to wash the area. The warm water just felt good.

I never tried a Sitz bath, but I have heard it helps.

My hospital also gave me Tucks-like pads and an antiseptic spray. The spray helped to numb the area. Do you have any of those?

It's been a while (DS is 6 and DD was a c-section), so I don't remember how long I was sore. Fifteen days does not sound too long to me, though, if you have stitches that need to heal.

misshollygolightly
08-09-2010, 01:47 PM
The sitz bath saved my life! Ok, I may be exaggerating...but it definitely saved my sanity, helped me deal with the pain, and sped up my recovery. I had a severe, 4th degree tear...not fun at all. But sitz baths (multiple times a day!) and Tuck's were lifesavers.

GonnaBeNana
08-09-2010, 03:10 PM
The sitz bath was my best friend too! I used it for a solid month at least. I also used cold packs down there regularly too. The numbing spray and tucks pads also helped. I had a 4th degree (the worst) tear even though I'd had an episiotomy too. A 9lb.1oz. boy with a 15 1/2" head will do that to a person:wink2:.

Beth