PDA

View Full Version : Anyone use GroceryGame.com

logan's mom
08-09-2010, 01:49 PM
It seems counterproductive to pay for coupons. Anyone use this site? What do you think? Is it worth it?

boltfam
08-09-2010, 06:44 PM
I did it last year, and I do think it was worth it. I cancelled my subscription because I was newly pregnant and sick as a dog. I was lucky to make it to the grocery store at all-definately wasn't up to clipping coupons.

It does seem counter-intuitive to pay for coupons, but once you start shopping this way, it pains you to pay $3.00 or even $2.50 for a box of cereal. I tried finding and clipping coupons on my own in conjuction with sales, and it just took waaaay to much time and effort. I actually do savingsangel.com now. It is targeted for more specific areas, seems to have more coupons that are more easily accessible, and is more user friendly, IME. It is more expensive, but I think it's worth it, especially since I'm getting it for half price thanks to referrals. I KNOW I save way more than $10 a month. It does take time, though (as does the grocerygame).

If you can do savings angel, I prefer it to the grocery game. But if the grocery game is all that's available in your area, I would say it's worth it. Just my $.02. I think both of them allow you to try out the membership for 30 days(savings angel does for sure).

If you have q's about either one, feel free to pm me.

DebbieJ
08-09-2010, 08:45 PM
You're not paying for coupons. You're paying for the info. They match up the sales and coupons for you. You still have to buy the newspaper and get the coupons.