PDA

View Full Version : OMG, they want how much!!!?

HIU8
08-09-2010, 02:45 PM
DD's preschool is in a community center. There are classes for kids during the day that they are taken out of their preschool class for (if you sign up). There is tumbling, karate, basketball. There used to be ballet for the 3 and 4 yr olds. The preschool has their own 12:30-2:30 offerings (cooking, science, math oriented classes if you want to sign up). The community centers classes are around $150-$160 for 4 months. The preschool portion of the building (the preschool is not a separate entity--it is part of the community center) wants $200 for full time daycare kids for 4 months of classes and $350 for 10 month kids. DD is a 10 month kid. There is no way I can pay an extra $350 for a special class (I can swing the $150 for the tumbling class, but she wanted cooking). I'm so mad that there is such a difference in price for the same amount of classes (the preschool classes are only 20 minutes longer than the regular community center classes). Man, talk about gotcha. DD may not be doing anything extra curricular during the week next year.