PDA

View Full Version : DH, are you serious

HIU8
08-09-2010, 03:14 PM
So, we are going to see MIL this weekend. DH wants us to take the Wii we just for the kids so his mother can see what it is. He wants to take a Wii with parts to his mother's house. DH leaves things EVERYWHERE. His mother's house is a pig stye. No way am I taking a video gaming system with parts to her house so she can see the kids play it. it's a video game for goodness sake. I know we will get home and parts will be missing that MIL will NEVER find. The kids will go ballistic and I'm not repurchasing anything (heck we just got it on Saturday--the kids pulled their piggy bank money together and had enough for one with extra parts so 2 ppl could play). He wants DD and DS to have memories of MIL playing Wii with them (come on........................). DH--do you ever think things through? They will remember MIL for other reasons (FWIW, MIL is not sick at all now--DH is just morbid).

We are there 2 days. We will have plenty to do. sheesh.

TonFirst
08-09-2010, 03:59 PM
That's crazy. Granted, we are not video game people at our house, so maybe I'm missing something, but I don't get this at all. And if the Wii was bought with the KIDS' piggy bank money, then this should kind of be their call, you know? If Dad wants to bring a Wii to his mom's messy house, he should buy his own Wii.

And if the kids DO want to bring their Wii that they purchased to their grandmother's house, then let them, but only with the explicit understanding that they, not you, are responsible for all the Wii parts making it back home.

HIU8
08-09-2010, 04:08 PM
They are 5.5 and 3 (got the Wii on the suggestion of our OT for DS). DS may be able to handle the responsibility, but DD--forget it. I'm not a fan of bringing this on a trip anyway. they have leapsters and a DVD player in the car. MIL has a tv but we won't be there except for bedtime for the entire 2 days.

jal
08-09-2010, 05:14 PM
DH wants us to take the Wii we just for the kids so his mother can see what it is.

So shot some video of them playing it at home and show that to her.

lovebebes
08-09-2010, 05:21 PM
So shot some video of them playing it at home and show that to her.

lmao :bighand:

HIU8
08-09-2010, 06:43 PM
I also said that to DH. Sometimes I don't get him at all. It's a video game. Who the heck cares anyway.

elektra
08-09-2010, 06:47 PM
My DH and his brothers take their latest and greatest video game systems to each other's houses all the time. They are pretty good about keeping track of all the parts though, and none of the houses we go to for the get togethers are sties.
I don't get it either though.

viba424
08-10-2010, 10:08 AM
dont do it

TwinFoxes
08-10-2010, 10:27 AM
I don't get the whole schlepping a video game console either. But apparently people do it, because they have special carrying cases for Wiis!

http://www.amazon.com/Travel-Carrying-Case-Nintendo-Shoulder-Belt/dp/B001OFJSP8/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1281450390&sr=8-4

Seriously, the thought of carrying along a video game, along with all of the other stuff you have to take with you when traveling with kids isn't appealing AT ALL.

elliput
08-10-2010, 11:09 AM
Um, yeah. Call me a bit cynical, but I don't think this is about the kids playing with MIL. IMO, this is about DH wanting something to do because he thinks he is going to be bored. :rolleye0014:

Melanie
08-10-2010, 12:01 PM
Is he a gaming addict? That totally sounds like something some of my family members would have done. Actually they did, for Thanksgiving once. Yes, one day they couldn't live with out it. I see kids dragging their DS around on errands with parents all of the time, too.

Good Luck!

shishamo
08-11-2010, 04:41 AM
Don't do it. MY DH (who loses things) went to my in-law's house with my kids and their Nintendo DSs. They lost one DS, looked for it, and a month later now they still can't find it.

And I did told everyone to be VERY CAREFUL about not losing it. Sigh.

HIU8
08-11-2010, 09:19 AM
No. DH has never played it. He wanted it to have the kids show MIL what it was. stupid.

hellokitty
08-11-2010, 09:44 AM
Do we have the same husband? Sounds like something my DH would do too. I would just send your mil the link to the wii or some youtube links and say, "here, this is what it looks like." Or take her to the gamestop and let her play with the demo. :rolleye0014:

HIU8
08-11-2010, 02:09 PM
She didn't know what it was, but has heard it talked about and wanted one. MIL burns through $$ like nobodies business. It's really sad. DH put her on a budget and she started to cry.

hellokitty
08-11-2010, 03:28 PM
She didn't know what it was, but has heard it talked about and wanted one. MIL burns through $$ like nobodies business. It's really sad. DH put her on a budget and she started to cry.

Lol, then taking her to gamestop probably wouldn't be a good idea financially speaking. Hope that your DH realizes what a bad idea this is. If his mom has problems buying stuff, what is the point of giving her another idea for something to buy to clutter up her home?