PDA

View Full Version : Baby Trend Playard vs Co-Sleeper

jmestyle
08-09-2010, 07:06 PM
I was just wondering what everyones thoughts are on the BT Playard. I've read alot about the co-sleeper and I'm debating between the two. I think the playard comes with sound and a light which is a plus but I could not find any recent reviews of it on this forum

TIA :)

jmestyle
08-10-2010, 11:14 AM
Should this topic have gone in another section?
This was my first post so I'm not sure

citymama
08-10-2010, 02:22 PM
Perhaps repost in Nursery Necessities?

Krisrich
08-10-2010, 08:01 PM
This probably would get more responses in nursery necessities, but hopefully I can help a little. I'm not familiar with the particular playard you mentioned, but we do have a pack-n-play (used downstairs) and a mini-co-sleeper in our bedroom. Love the co-sleeper! On the arm's reach website I bought an accessory which attaches to the co-sleeper that provides a night light and sound and vibrations. The light has been super helpful. The vibration was helpful in the early weeks. We never used the sound. The pack-n-play provided a nice place for DDs to sleep during the day. Good luck!!!

citymama
08-10-2010, 08:10 PM
I have a mini co sleeper and I will say in truththat we hated it past a few weeks because DD2 would wake up minutes after being put down in it. We had a PnP bassinet with DD1 and the same thing would happen. I attribute it to the crappy, saggy mattresses they both have. The difference is the PnP has a life after the bassinet - it's a handy travel bed.

Each of our girls' sleep patterns improved dramatically when they moved to the real crib with the awesome firm mattress - or to our bed!