PDA

View Full Version : Maternity splurge idea?

kristenk
08-09-2010, 09:00 PM
My SIL is expecting her first. :cheerleader1: I'd like to get something for her that's a bit of a splurge, but I'm not sure what to get. I just remember skipping a lot of maternity things during my pregnancy b/c I just couldn't justify the price for the amount of use something would receive. I enjoyed a few maternity things that my sister bought for me, though.

I'd like to get something special for my SIL. I'd like to find something $50 or less. She's about 18 weeks along right now.

Any suggestions?

sste
08-09-2010, 10:29 PM
Gift certificate to bellydancematernity.com

Or some of the earthmama angel baby stretch mark oil - - it is kind of ridiculously expensive but it smells great. I rec'd it as a gift and it was one of those things I would never have bought myself.

Also, I rec'd as a gift the kiehls acacai toner spray which has been heavenly in the summer heat.

luckytwenty
08-10-2010, 07:49 AM
If it's not to personal, the Bravado Body Silk bra is about $45 and worth every penny. If she's busty at all, pregnancy inflates you beyond belief and it's such a relief to wear a bra that grows with you and fits and feels good.

Otherwise, what about a few sessions of prenatal yoga? I take it every week and I swear it keeps me sane! My studio charges $15 a class if you don't buy a full package--that could buy you several wonderful sessions.

Melaine
08-10-2010, 08:00 AM
Maybe one of those nice pregnancy pillows? I wish I had had one!

♥ms.pacman♥
08-10-2010, 09:30 AM
Maybe one of those nice pregnancy pillows? I wish I had had one!

:yeahthat:

a Snoogle is about $50 at Babies R Us (even less if u use a 20% off coupon). that would be a nice gift. i loved mine.

bostonsmama
08-11-2010, 01:23 PM
Ditto on the prenatal yoga classes! I go twice a week and it has been monumental in preparing me for birthing through breathing, postures, flexibility and relaxation.

I haven't needed a pg pillow yet, but a wedge would be nice ($20 from Boppy). But personally I couldn't function w/out the release the prenatal yoga gives me, and it FORCES me to practice kegels, squats and poses that keep my pelvis loose. My yoga instructor is also a naturopath who schools us on proper nutrition, pregnant anatomy, the muscles used during labor, and alternatives to medications when sick (she loves super foods).