PDA

View Full Version : LOL: "So you're probably not going to get any bigger, right?"

luckytwenty
08-10-2010, 10:42 AM
My DH (who has been down this road with me twice before this time) asked me this a.m.

I'm 27 weeks...scheduled c-section at 38.5 weeks. Baby is now probably 3 lbs (was 2 lbs at 21 week ultrasound) and has to more than double between now and then.

I remember in the last few weeks having less than five articles of clothing that I could fit over my head.

Yeah, I think there's still room to grow!!!

swissair81
08-10-2010, 11:00 AM
Lol! I love it. The lady at 7-11 asked me yesterday when I'm going to have my baby already. Apparently, I'm HUGE. So glad she said that to me in front of a store full of people.

Uh and yeah, clothes that fit so nicely at 27 weeks just aren't doing the trick anymore at 36.5 weeks.

sste
08-10-2010, 11:04 AM
Well, not trying to engage in pregger one-upmanship . . . but on Friday I was asked FOUR times by strangers on the street if I was having twins. What makes this even more remarkable is that I spend 8 hours per day in total solitude in my office. So, this was four twin comments in about the four hours total I spent out and about that day . . .

In fact, I was walking with DH and telling him that I had been asked three times that day and he was saying how unbelievable that was when #4 cruised up us and said, "Are you having 1 or 2?"

luckytwenty
08-10-2010, 11:30 AM
Well, not trying to engage in pregger one-upmanship . . . but on Friday I was asked FOUR times by strangers on the street if I was having twins. What makes this even more remarkable is that I spend 8 hours per day in total solitude in my office. So, this was four twin comments in about the four hours total I spent out and about that day . . .

In fact, I was walking with DH and telling him that I had been asked three times that day and he was saying how unbelievable that was when #4 cruised up us and said, "Are you having 1 or 2?"

One up all you'd like! I am glad I'm not the only one who everyone seems to think has a "hidden twin" that the ultrasound just didn't pick up on! :-P

swissair81
08-10-2010, 11:42 AM

Honey, in that arena, feel free to one up me anytime.

newg
08-10-2010, 02:44 PM
The day I ended up delivering I was in the elevator going to a normal NST apt. and the other lady in the elevator said I had quite the basketball tummy.......kinda cute comment, so I smiled and agreed with her.........then she said "you're having a boy then, right??!!" I said, no having a girl..........and the lady looked at me like I was lying to her!!
Of course then I felt like I had to defend myself! So I told her that the baby had just dropped and I will probably be delivering soon..........she was still giving me a look like "sure, you're having a girl".....

Roni
08-11-2010, 09:17 AM
The day I ended up delivering I was in the elevator going to a normal NST apt. and the other lady in the elevator said I had quite the basketball tummy.......kinda cute comment, so I smiled and agreed with her.........then she said "you're having a boy then, right??!!" I said, no having a girl..........and the lady looked at me like I was lying to her!!
Of course then I felt like I had to defend myself! So I told her that the baby had just dropped and I will probably be delivering soon..........she was still giving me a look like "sure, you're having a girl".....

That's funny--in my husband's family, they say that a basketball means a girl. In fact, my 2 girls were basketballs, and my teeny sister had boys (dh could tell that they were). I'm carrying a basketball again, so we'll have to see if the theory holds true.

swissair81
08-11-2010, 09:22 AM
all of mine were basketballs. girls and boy. this current one is a basketball as well.

luckytwenty
08-11-2010, 10:27 AM
I am starting to think "it looks like a girl" is actually an insult because when you ask people what that means, they talk about girls "stealing their mothers' beauty" and big butts. I carried pretty much the same with all three (and I'm boy-girl-boy)--huge belly and boobs, skinny arms, face and legs, big butt. When I was pregnant w/ my daughter someone actually said to me, "It's got to be a girl. You look like ****." So now when anyone says, "It's a girl, right?" I have to hold myself back from saying, "Oh yeah? Well up yours, lady!!" (Sorry, I'm hormonal these days!)

SnuggleBuggles
08-11-2010, 10:32 AM
I am starting to think "it looks like a girl" is actually an insult because when you ask people what that means, they talk about girls "stealing their mothers' beauty" and big butts. I carried pretty much the same with all three (and I'm boy-girl-boy)--huge belly and boobs, skinny arms, face and legs, big butt. When I was pregnant w/ my daughter someone actually said to me, "It's got to be a girl. You look like ****." So now when anyone says, "It's a girl, right?" I have to hold myself back from saying, "Oh yeah? Well up yours, lady!!" (Sorry, I'm hormonal these days!)

What a b*tch!!!!

I guess I have heard that expression about stealing beauty online but never IRL. People say boy vs girl based on how mom is carrying- if you can only see mom is pg from the front that means one thing, if you can tell from the back that's the other. Not a commentary on mom's expanding butt. :)