PDA

View Full Version : I loathe selling a house!

arivecchi
08-10-2010, 11:37 AM
Arrgh! Our house is STILL on the market. I cannot take it anymore!!!! We have had lots of interest and everyone says it is priced right. It is in an awesome location and has tons of space. I really don't know what is going on.

I just want to be done with it and MOVE ON.

swissair81
08-10-2010, 01:03 PM
That has to be very annoying. Can you ask your Real Estate agent what else you could do? Maybe advertise in more places?

amandabea
08-10-2010, 01:25 PM
Arrgh! Our house is STILL on the market. I cannot take it anymore!!!! We have had lots of interest and everyone says it is priced right. It is in an awesome location and has tons of space. I really don't know what is going on.

I just want to be done with it and MOVE ON.
Ugh, :hug: I'm so sorry. We're in the same stuation here. I'd take just about any offer at this point.

arivecchi
08-10-2010, 01:32 PM
Me too. I just want to be done. I am sick of showings and open houses. I am also tired of living in this limbo. The amount of inventory available here is incredible.

tmahanes
08-10-2010, 01:35 PM
Ugh, :hug: I'm so sorry. We're in the same stuation here. I'd take just about any offer at this point.

:yeahthat:

khm
08-10-2010, 01:46 PM
I'm so sorry. It has to just suck to be one of many great properties. I'm shocked at some of the fantastic homes at fantastic (for the buyer) prices that aren't moving in my own small suburb. There's just too many good choices.

Is there anything cheesy you can to do pull ahead of the pack? Offer to pay their dues for a few months? An iPad? Flat screen stays with home?

Something that they'll remember when they are thinking back on what they've seen. I'm sure you've thought of stuff like that, but gah, I just someone had a magic wand!

citymama
08-10-2010, 02:14 PM
Sorry to hear it - must be very stressful.

We're on the flip side of it - can't seem to buy a darn thing! We have put in 3 offers and been outbid on every one, and one of them had 8 bidders! Can we trade housing markets? ;)

BTW, are you buying a new place or moving cities?

malphy
08-10-2010, 02:29 PM
i'm right there with ya'.

hugs

arivecchi
08-10-2010, 02:38 PM
We are hoping to move out to the burbs. It will be much cheaper and I think will be good for the boys. It will also be nice to not have to deal with the city's school system.

I cannot believe you are getting outbid! That is unheard of in my market in our price range.

WatchingThemGrow
08-10-2010, 04:36 PM
So sorry. I think that's part of my reason for not aggressively looking into moving. Selling right now is hard. My ILs' family home is on the market, and has been for nearly a year, I guess. They dropped the price A LOT and haven't had any showings. Some P&PT on the way for you.

BTW, which strollers will work in the 'burbs?

ohiomom1121
08-10-2010, 04:50 PM
I totally feel your pain. We had an open house this weekend that one person came to. We officially dropped our price to less than we paid 8 years ago and still no new calls. UGH. It sucks!!!

arivecchi
08-10-2010, 05:50 PM
BTW, which strollers will work in the 'burbs? LOL. You know me too well. I am down to a mean and lean 3 stroller fleet (umbrella, double and single AT) that will work well if we move out to the burbs.

I totally feel your pain. We had an open house this weekend that one person came to. We officially dropped our price to less than we paid 8 years ago and still no new calls. UGH. It sucks!!! Same here. It's a bloodbath. Mojo to you! I am gearing up for yet another OH this weekend that no one will probably attend.

mom2one
08-11-2010, 02:12 PM
I feel your pain our house has been on the market since march. We are getting ready to drop the price again. The three of us our now Living in a one bedroom apartment in CA. We can't buy anything till our place sells. We have officially not moved yet. As a friend put it, if is like college living in this apartment. We have the bare basic to get buy. Maybe we should start an official thread for P PT, and MOJO for all of us needing a house sold.

LarsMal
08-11-2010, 04:08 PM
Ugh...so sorry!

It took us a little over a year to get out of our previous home. Same thing- people loved the house, said so many nice things about it, thought it was priced right, but always picked their other choice. The house was not a starter home, which made it harder to sell. It was so frustrating!

I don't know how motivated you are to get out, but we ended up doing a reverse offer on our house. I was a couple weeks away from having C and I just NEEDED to be under contract. We had a family that was trying to decide between our house and another. We ended up making *them* an offer on our house. They countered a little lower, we countered a little higher, and they accepted. It was completely bizarre doing it backwards, and it can be risky, but it worked for us!

Just something to think about and talk to you agent about.

GL!

SnuggleBuggles
08-11-2010, 04:14 PM
That stinks.

And that is good motivation for me to just stay put and keep improving our current house! I think we have schooling all worked out so we should be ok here!

Beth

AnnieW625
08-12-2010, 12:57 AM
Sending hugs to you, but at least you can try and sell your house. We can't even do that as we have zero equity in the place. I want to go back in time to 2005 and decide to continue renting instead of buying:banghead:

elaineandmichaelsmommy
08-12-2010, 01:44 AM
join.the.club.girl. I don't know what to tell you. We finally got an offer but only after our house was vandelized and we had to drop the price down to a whopping $30,000. And yes you read that correctly. We finally got an offer for $23k and are now in the process of a short sale with bank of america. Is there any way you could rent out the property? It's no one thing that's causing the market to stagnate but the fact that values keep dropping is certainly not helping to bring in buyers now that the credits are gone? You could get a managment company to work with you and get on with your life. That's what my sister did with their condo in denver.

Good luck.

arivecchi
08-12-2010, 11:11 AM
Thanks for the suggestions. We cannot rent it out. It is a large townhouse and I doubt anyone would want to pay so much for a rental, plus it makes no financial sense from our perspective after realtor fees, taxes, insurance, etc. We also cannot afford to wait unfortunately. Just did another price drop. I don't even want to tell you hom much lower it is than our purchase price. It is sickening.

I am with you Annie. I so wished we had rented after selling our starter condo instead. We actually considered it and decided against it. It was a horrible decision, but we had just had DS1 and we felt we needed to purchase a house. Stupid.

boolady
08-12-2010, 12:24 PM
I so wished we had rented after selling our starter condo instead. We actually considered it and decided against it. It was a horrible decision, but we had just had DS1 and we felt we needed to purchase a house. Stupid.

Hard as it may be, I don't think you should beat yourself up about it. You had no way of knowing the market would do what it did. DH and I should have moved about 3 years after we bought our townhouse, when they were going for $125,000-$150,000 more than we bought it for, but we didn't.

eliasmom
08-12-2010, 03:48 PM
Ugh. I'm in a very similar situation. We are just one of many similar properties on the market. Everyone I know says, "Wow, I can't believe your place hasn't sold!" We have had two deals fall through. We are now priced well below what we paid and we probably need to go lower. To top it all off, the owners of the condo upstairs from us just sold their condo as is to a flipper so we face potentially having the house successfully flip before we sell and then being pinned on price. We bought at the height of the market in 2006. We feel like idiots. We want to scream. ALL. THE. TIME! :hug5:

Melbel
08-12-2010, 03:55 PM
We are tempted to sell our house to upgrade to a better neighborhood with more room for appreciation while prices and interest rates are so low (a rare combo). Threads like this make me very content to stay put.

Sending lots of P&PT out to all of you struggling to sell your homes.

ray7694
08-12-2010, 04:20 PM
In the same boat here. Just got an email from a realtor that said my client has ruled out all two car garages. With so much on the market you have to give your house away just to move. SUCKS!

maylips
08-12-2010, 08:16 PM
We are tempted to sell our house to upgrade to a better neighborhood with more room for appreciation while prices and interest rates are so low (a rare combo). Threads like this make me very content to stay put.

Sending lots of P&PT out to all of you struggling to sell your homes.

Our house is on the market too, but for this reason, so we're not desperate to sell. Still, it's disheartening to get hardly any calls. Our house is priced okay, it's just that the small town we live in limits the number of people in our price range. In the meantime, I sort of want to house-hunt, but don't want to fall in love with anything for fear it will take years for our house to sell. On the flip side, if I knew we were staying in this house for more than 3 years, I would make changes to the kitchen so it didn't drive me up the wall but I don't want to invest more money into a place in case it sells. UGH.

ray7694
08-12-2010, 09:07 PM
LarMal that sounds very interesting. How do you make an offer to someone and how do you know how much? I have never heard of this.

gordo
08-16-2010, 07:36 PM
So sorry. I feel your pain as we were on the market for 2 1/2 years!!!! It will all be worth it in the end.