PDA

View Full Version : What's a good christening gift?

momm
08-10-2010, 10:10 PM
Friend's three month old's christening this weekend and I have no idea what one gives on this occasion (I am from another culture)

Can someone help? Thanks in advance!

katydid1971
08-10-2010, 11:11 PM
A book, it doesn't have to be "Christian" or a toy would be nice maybe a monagrammed blanket . God parent's should give a bible and members of the church will give more Christian centered gifts. Since this isn't your culture I think anything that would be a nice gift for a new baby would be good.

cntrymoon2
08-11-2010, 03:43 PM
We had DD's christening in April. Some of our favorite gifts were a ceramic cross for her room (from Hallmark), a book of bedtime prayers for little ones, and a photo album with a cross embroidered on it.

Several people bought her clothes, too. I think the price point most people spent was around $15-25. Hope that helps!

logan's mom
08-11-2010, 11:00 PM
We bought our God daughter a Precious Moments figurine (the Christening one) and a charm bracelet. On the bracelet, we put a heart charm with her initial engraved and a small cross. Then for each "holiday" (Easter, Valentine's etc) we would send her a charm to add. I thought it would be something she could wear now but be a keepsake too.

ohiomom1121
08-11-2010, 11:26 PM
I love this site for christenings and baptisms. http://www.polkadotsonline.com/products.php?catID=9901933 They have a big section of hand painted crosses, personalized art etc. My kids both have the baptismal keepsakes that are personalized framed in their rooms. I have given them for gifts multiple times and they are always well received.

momm
08-12-2010, 08:28 AM
Great!! thank you so much girls! Neat site.

neeleymartin
08-12-2010, 08:34 AM
i always give a book. my stand by is mother goose rhymes, illustrated by scott gustafson. total keepsake. the illustrations are awesome. will be a book that is treasured for years to come.

i am sure your local borders or barnes and noble would have it. here is the link on amazon:
http://www.amazon.com/Favorite-Nursery-Rhymes-Mother-Goose/dp/0867130970/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1281616435&sr=8-1