PDA

View Full Version : Is a GAP card worth it?

happymom
08-10-2010, 11:33 PM
DH does not like having too many credit cards, for various reasons. The only store credit card we have is for Macy's because I shop there a lot, and get tons of coupons that I wouldnt get without a Macy's account. So its very worthwhile and DH is ok with it because of that.

Anyways, I shop at GAP a lot for DD (only) and am wondering if I am really missing out on deals by not having a GAP card. Are there a lot of exclusive coupons for GAP card holders? Other benefits?

Thanks!

Mom to Brandon and 2 cats
08-10-2010, 11:42 PM
Every Tuesday is 10% off, plus it seems like they're always sending coupons for at least 25% off. This Saturday is 40% off for cardholders...

I say yes, get it!

alien_host
08-11-2010, 12:38 AM
I have a "no store credit card policy", but I have Gap and Gymbo (visa). I cancelled my Macy's/Filenes and other dept charges years ago.

If you spend $800 in a calendar year you qualify for Silver...which is free shipping no matter what sized purchase...sadly I didn't qualify for 2010.

You also get % off for Banana, Old Navy etc.

I do like the Gap card. :)

KrystalS
08-11-2010, 09:22 AM
Gap is the only store card I have and I definitely think it is worth it. I get tons of coupons in the mail. You are required to use your card with the majority of the coupons, I pay mine in full every time I use it. The only thing I really hate is having to spend so much to qualify for free shipping. I feel like cardholders should at least get a discount on shipping. I usually just try and wait until I can spend $100 so I get free shipping.

WolfpackMom
08-11-2010, 10:21 AM
I have the Gap silver and pay it off every month. I got the Silver by using it at places other than Gap (since its a Visa), since I pay it off every month I dont accrue interest. They do promotions all the time where if you use it 4 times during a certain time period at places other than Gap, ON, BR, you get a $20 giftcard. I have gotten loads of giftcards from accruing points and/or using the card outside of their stores.

poohbear
08-11-2010, 08:16 PM
Yep, worth it. I lost my silver status (I was bummed, DH was relieved), but it's still a great card - gives you some really good bonuses and benefits. I didn't realize you could reach silver status by shopping at other stores if you had the mastercard/visa though - I may have to look into that.... hmmm....

ShanaMama
08-11-2010, 08:19 PM
I have one even though I don't shop there too often. I usually find a free shipping code floating around online- actually they usually have them in a banner on the website. The codes are usually for card holders only.
I get lots of coupons in the mail, as pp said they are also for card holders only.
I don't think you'll regret getting one. :)

AnnieW625
08-11-2010, 08:23 PM
I have it and have been happy with it. I like dept. store cards because it's easier for me to see how much I have spent on things that might not neccessarily be a everyday must haves. I usually get a few $10 or $20 off coupons throughout the year and end up using them at Piper Lime. Their online return policy isn't as good as it used to be and a lot pf items are now return by mail only so be careful. I believe that PL orders return free though. I do love their sales.