PDA

View Full Version : What's your favorite healthy snacks?

vinolady
08-11-2010, 03:31 AM
I'm looking for some healthy, unprocessed snack ideas. I'm sick of carrots and hummus...what do you like to snack on to stay healthy (and trying to lose the baby weight)?

BabyBearsMom
08-11-2010, 11:48 AM
I like to sprinkle seasoned salt on carrot sticks.
A handful of almonds (or my newest obsession, Sea Salt and Black Pepper Cashews)
Cut up fruit with a little plain greek yogurt for dipping (I like to drizzle a little honey in the yogurt too)
Mini bagel pizzas (Mini bagels with a ltitle tomato sauce and some light cheese toasted)

cvanbrunt
08-11-2010, 01:02 PM
A piece of low fat string cheese and a cup of raspberries or some other serving of fruit.

Tondi G
08-11-2010, 01:44 PM
cucumbers and hummus

roasted turkey and cucumber rolled in some lettuce with spicy mustard

whole wheat pretzels

fruit

turkey jerky

cottage cheese

low fat havarti cheese and whole grain crackers

pickles

lizzywednesday
08-11-2010, 01:52 PM
For me it's:

* cut veggies & yogurt ranch dressing (T. Marzetti's makes one but the Wegman's store-brand knockoff is just as good)

* Diamond Jalapeno Smokehouse or Salt & Vinegar almonds (almonds are associated w/weight loss in some people)

* fresh fruit (!) - peaches, pears, nectarines, apples, melon, etc.

* cheese

* yogurt

* Barbara's Bakery brand Puffins cereal (I like the peanut butter flavor)

bostonsmama
08-11-2010, 02:08 PM
Some snacks that helped me shed my 70 lbs:

Thomas' Better Start Light english muffin w/ almond butter & cinnamon (sometimes w/ a sliced banana on top)

Wasa crackers (2) w/ spreadable cheese wedge

100-calorie bag popcorn (or air popped w/ lots of salt & glass of water)

sliced ripe pear, apple, peach or nectarine fanned out w/ cinnamon sprinkled on top (C is an appetite suppressant & blood sugar regulator)

I did cut back on my nut consumption to reduce caloric intake, but I did start many a meal w/ 6 walnut halves. Nuts are easy to overeat!

Weigh your portions--many bags/labels misrepresent how much is in their serving!

alirebco
08-11-2010, 02:14 PM
hard boiled eggs
carrots
cucumbers
olives
larabars