PDA

View Full Version : Baby carrier at WDW

liz
08-11-2010, 09:55 AM
Since DS3 will not be walking yet, I am trying to figure out how to carry him while waiting in line. We are thinking of bringing our Baby Bjorn. My little guy is one heavy turkey (already 22 pounds), and the thought of having to hold him while waiting in lines worries me.

Has anyone used their baby carrier like this? Will the employees allow you to enter a ride with the baby already strapped in the Baby Bjorn? I was wondering if we could leave him in the carrier while we sit during the ride.

Any other suggestions would be welcome. Thanks!

egoldber
08-11-2010, 09:59 AM
I've used a sling with kids that age. It depends on the ride, but usually you can leave them in the carrier.

DebbieJ
08-11-2010, 10:25 AM
I used my Ergo all through WDW in June. No one ever asked me to take him out.

Smillow
08-11-2010, 12:05 PM
I wouldn't use the Baby Bjorn - you will be hurting! I would try to find an Ergo or similar carrier!

charmcitymom
08-11-2010, 02:18 PM
I'm taking my Ergo but I'm worried because of the heat. We both tend to overheat if it's too hot out. I saw that a local store has the new Ergo Performance. Anyone have that? I just have the Original which is great to carry him but it can get hot.

Thanks

liz
08-11-2010, 04:56 PM
I wouldn't use the Baby Bjorn - you will be hurting! I would try to find an Ergo or similar carrier!

I only mention the Baby Bjorn, because that is all I have for a baby carrier. Since this is my last DC, I didn't really want to spend $ on something that I won't really use except for this one time. Is it really worth it? Should I really consider buying something besides the Baby Bjorn? I was originally just going to put him in it for waiting in lines only. Hmmmm. What should I do?

lhafer
08-11-2010, 05:48 PM
I only mention the Baby Bjorn, because that is all I have for a baby carrier. Since this is my last DC, I didn't really want to spend $ on something that I won't really use except for this one time. Is it really worth it? Should I really consider buying something besides the Baby Bjorn? I was originally just going to put him in it for waiting in lines only. Hmmmm. What should I do?

Considering you can use an ergo for 3-4 years, I think they are worth it. Plus they have fabulous resale value.

Edensmum
08-14-2010, 11:18 AM
I agree, the Bjorn is a PIA to get in and out of and is not comfy for longer times for mom or babe. The Ergo or sling is the best IMO. I have a Hotsling and a hip carry in that is quick and easy, and it's tiny so it can be easily stashed in the diaper bag.
DH loves the Ergo.

crl
08-15-2010, 11:17 AM
I'd look for an ergo on CL. Then if you find you really don't use it after the trip, you could resell it for about what you paid. Or, see if you can find one on one of the deal websites. I got mine new for about what they usually go used on my CL.

Catherine