PDA

View Full Version : Halloween costume ideas?

twowhat?
08-11-2010, 10:27 AM
For G/G 2yo twins? Bonus if it's something I can make myself!

fivi2
08-11-2010, 11:06 AM
Do you want a matching theme?

do you prefer scary or sweet costumes?

twowhat?
08-11-2010, 11:17 AM
Do you want a matching theme?

do you prefer scary or sweet costumes?

I prefer sweet (mostly cuz I think scary would actually scare our girls). And a matching theme would be cute. Like Thing 1 and Thing 2 (though everyone seems to do that).

fivi2
08-11-2010, 12:15 PM
Butterfly/bumblebee and flower
Caterpillar and butterfly
chicken and egg :)
spider and fly ;)
witch and cat
Laverne and shirley (okay - that one is a joke)

What do they like? My girls starting forming their own opinions the Halloween they were 2 y 10 m. Before that, I preferred scary, but cute scary like black cats. Now they tend to want to be fairies. or princesses. or fairy princess mermaids.

twowhat?
08-11-2010, 01:06 PM
What do they like? My girls starting forming their own opinions the Halloween they were 2 y 10 m. Before that, I preferred scary, but cute scary like black cats. Now they tend to want to be fairies. or princesses. or fairy princess mermaids.

that's a good question - one of my girls is very vocal, speaking complete sentences. So I could explain halloween to her and ask (any suggestions on explaining halloween and costume to a 2yo?). But the other is not so vocal and only uses her words when necessary (to ask for water, etc).

Tondi G
08-11-2010, 01:37 PM
Buy butterfly and bumble bee wings ... put them each in a black leotard and tights (or leggings) make a tutu ... one orange and black (thinking butterfly here) and one in yellow and black. Headbands with little antennae.

You could easily make them each a different colored butterfly too

here you go... for some inspiration

http://prissypoofs.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=PP&Product_Code=SP002&Category_Code=Spooky

http://prissypoofs.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?

Tutu's are pretty easy to make too! I know there were directions in the crafts section a while ago on this board!

fivi2
08-11-2010, 01:50 PM
that's a good question - one of my girls is very vocal, speaking complete sentences. So I could explain halloween to her and ask (any suggestions on explaining halloween and costume to a 2yo?). But the other is not so vocal and only uses her words when necessary (to ask for water, etc).

Well, Halloween is a big deal in this house (:)) so I started reading books early on and decorating. I told them people dress up and asked what they wanted to be. (Well, that year, I think I still tried to tell them what to be and they very definitely told me what they would be. The year before I was in charge). I don't remember if yours are young 2s or older 2s, so some of this may apply next year.

But do they like, bunnies, bugs, dogs, fairies, dragons, etc... ? You can take pretty much any interest and turn it into a costume! What sort of things do they play with? I have seen links int he past to cute twin costume ideas, but I can't remember them... maybe a google search will turn something up?