PDA

View Full Version : S/O Amazon Diaper Deal, how many boxes are you all ordering?

ourbabygirl
08-11-2010, 01:17 PM
I bought a box of size 5's for DD and a box of size 1-2 for DS (due soon), & I can order two more boxes/ packages, but I'm wondering which sizes & brands to get. We've used Pampers w/DD, so I got those for these boxes, but I'm thinking of branching out to other brands for DS (though I don't want to end up stuck with a box I don't love). Maybe a box of 2's and one of 3's for him for later? I don't know that I'd use size 6's for DD, in case she's potty trained by then (??)

How many are all of you ordering? Any suggestions on other brands/ types to try?

Thanks! :cheerleader1:

lil_acorn
08-11-2010, 01:22 PM
I'm a pampers girl myself but the latest reviews have me worried about stocking up too much on those. There's lots of complaints about diaper rash. So I have one size 2 of pampers and one box of size 2s of seventh generation. have a box of pampers swaddlers from CVS during their last sale but I'm worried that they're dry max. I'd probably pick up another box of 2's or get a box of 3s.

KrystalS
08-11-2010, 01:25 PM
I'm wondering the same thing. I ordered 1 box of size 1s for my DS due in Oct. I can't remember how long DD was in size 1s. Seems like she went to size 2s fairly quickly and was in size 2s for awhile.

wifecat
08-11-2010, 01:49 PM
I'm wondering the same thing. I ordered 1 box of size 1s for my DS due in Oct. I can't remember how long DD was in size 1s. Seems like she went to size 2s fairly quickly and was in size 2s for awhile.

I wrote down the weights my daughter was for the first 4 months and calculated diapers for my son based on her measurements. Watch, he'll be a lot bigger and I'll be way off. Here's what I've stashed up:

newborn – up to 10lbs – have 84 – (hospital plus 10-12 changes a day for 1-2 wks)
size 1 – 8-14lbs – need diapers for about 8wks (10 changes a day = 560 diapers), have 424
size 2 – 12-18 plan for 8 wks (8 changes/day = 448 diapers), have 336

I'm sure size 2s can last a lot longer, I just wanted to have the first few months planned out.

pantone292
08-11-2010, 02:07 PM
FWIW, I believe that Pampers Baby Dry do not have DryMax in them.

WatchingThemGrow
08-11-2010, 02:31 PM
We're only getting Baby Dry - and yes, children come out different sizes, are shaped differently, and wear different sizes for differing amounts of time. We bought a HUGE number of boxes when the prices were way low in the past, and we have used them up, but not on the DC we thought we would. Now that we're down to the last DC in diapers, we're a lot more stingy in buying them. Only one box at a time. DS1 PT'ed as size 4, so we're sitting on 2 boxes of 5's we bought ahead for him. Today DH just decided we'll move both boys to 5's at night for leakage issues, but DS2 will stay in 4's for now. Good, b/c Amazon just shipped one box of 4's this week.

I liked being able to swap out sizes at BRU when I got them for $27, but it doesn't work the same with Amazon, obviously.

sewarsh
08-11-2010, 02:36 PM
I've only placed 1 order with 2 coupons for baby #3, but would LOVE to buy more!!! NEED MORE COUPONS PLLLLEEEEAAASSE!! :)

I was able to get 7th generation which was exciting since they are typically so expensive. with the coupons they were super cheap!

lil_acorn
08-11-2010, 02:37 PM

the new swaddlers have dry max technology too. the box I have from cvs calls out dry max

citymama
08-11-2010, 02:45 PM
FYI, the Swaddlers Sensitives do not have Dry Max. I bought a box of Sensitives in sz 2 without the coupon and will be buying either another one of those or a 7th Gen box with the coupon.

I'm guessing diapers.com is taking a hit these days with all of us shopping at amazon.com!

the2bobs
08-11-2010, 04:03 PM
I prefer Huggies for my boys. DS1 is a huge pee'er. On Amazon only the Pampers have the extra $1.50/$2 coupons. I've only been able to use my codes once and even on one of them it said I had already used the code & hadn't. Not sure what's going on w/ Amazon, but the longer I spend trying to work the system the item I want ends up OOS. I just ordered so Pampers Easy Ups for DS1 w/o a coupon but did subscribe & save so still a better deal than in the stores. Hope I'm not disappointed as I've strayed from Huggies. Used to love the 7th Gen diapers for him but then he started getting diaper rash. Earth's Best are good too, but run really big. Hated Luvs & Target brands.

Momto1
08-11-2010, 06:55 PM
I've bought 2 packages of Huggies Little movers (size 3 and 4 for $17.xx each), one box of Huggies overnights ($11.xx), one box of 174-count Pampers baby dry ($20.xx), and I'm going to place one more order this week - I just can't decide whether I should stick with Baby Dry or try out the 7th Generation dipes. Any suggestions?

And speaking of diapers.com.... did anyone else receive the email about their new 15% cash back offer? I'm guessing it's in retaliation to the Amazon deals, which still end up being cheaper even with the 15% cash back from diapers.com.

peanut520
08-11-2010, 08:20 PM
FYI, the Swaddlers Sensitives do not have Dry Max.

Are you sure? i called and the cs confirmed that the newborns are the only ones without dry max. i called about 1 month ago so maybe they have changed. i was calling to find if there was an alternative to the diapers with dry max since dd broke out in a rash, and we couldnt find anything since dd was size 2-3. that would great news if they switched back!

MaddiesMommy
08-11-2010, 09:45 PM
Are you sure? i called and the cs confirmed that the newborns are the only ones without dry max. i called about 1 month ago so maybe they have changed. i was calling to find if there was an alternative to the diapers with dry max since dd broke out in a rash, and we couldnt find anything since dd was size 2-3. that would great news if they switched back!

From what I've gathered, the Swaddlers Sensitive in Newborn, 1, and 2 don't have dry max. The Swaddlers Sensitive in size 3 and 4 do have dry max. I was all excited when I saw that swaddlers now come in a size 4, but then I saw that they were dry max. I ordered a box just to try them out. We'll see. Other than those, I've ordered two boxes of baby dry, and one box of Huggies little movers. I like the Huggies l.m. better for over night, than the baby dry. I think we'll be set on diapers for a while. My dd is almost out of size 3, so I've been stocking up on size 4. I wonder how long they are going to have the additional 15% off.

heatherandlouis
08-11-2010, 10:11 PM
We bought Seventh Generation pull ups for our toddler and Earth's Best diapers for the baby. The Earth's Best diapers are my absolute favorite!

boltfam
08-11-2010, 11:16 PM
I've only placed 1 order with 2 coupons for baby #3, but would LOVE to buy more!!! NEED MORE COUPONS PLLLLEEEEAAASSE!! :)

I was able to get 7th generation which was exciting since they are typically so expensive. with the coupons they were super cheap!

What coupons? Mfg. coupons? If so, I've been missing out! I didn't know you could use them on amazon.com.

ourbabygirl
08-11-2010, 11:25 PM
O.k., to make sure I have this right :), can you respond with which types & sizes of Pampers do NOT have Dry Max? I'm assuming it would say in the description on Amazon if it DOES have Dry Max? For instance, the Cruisers boxes say in the title/ description "with Dry Max," so I'm going to avoid those (I would anyhow, because DD's been fine with Baby Dry, and Cruisers are more expensive). Or should I call Pampers CS? Would I get a straight answer? ;)

Thanks!

MaddiesMommy
08-11-2010, 11:37 PM
O.k., to make sure I have this right :), can you respond with which types & sizes of Pampers do NOT have Dry Max? I'm assuming it would say in the description on Amazon if it DOES have Dry Max? For instance, the Cruisers boxes say in the title/ description "with Dry Max," so I'm going to avoid those (I would anyhow, because DD's been fine with Baby Dry, and Cruisers are more expensive). Or should I call Pampers CS? Would I get a straight answer? ;)

Thanks!

I think it's the new cruisers and the Swaddlers Sensitive in sizes 3 and 4 that do not have dry max. HTH!

citymama
08-12-2010, 01:44 AM

Pampers Sensitive Swaddlers in NB, 1 and 2 don't have Dry Max per the packaging and manufacturer's statements. They're the ones without the Sesame St characters.

BTW, how long are kids usually in sz 2 swaddlers? I have one box (bought without a coupon darn it!) and wondering whether to get one more or two more. I am guessing DD is about 13 lbs or so. We're still finishing up a box of size 1s, but I can tell she will be ready for sz 2 very soon. Thanks!

srhs
08-12-2010, 01:48 AM
I thought so too, but now I'm exceedingly confused. Our Baby Dry do have Sesame Street characters but do not have any kind of mesh lining. This is the green cheaper packaging.

boltfam
08-12-2010, 08:59 AM
I thought so too, but now I'm exceedingly confused. Our Baby Dry do have Sesame Street characters but do not have any kind of mesh lining. This is the green cheaper packaging.
Our Baby Dry ones don't have the mesh liner and they absorb way differently than the regular Swaddlers (not sensitive), so I'm pretty sure they don't have Dry Max.

kellybelly0513
08-12-2010, 09:18 AM
I have ordered 2 boxes so far, Cruisers size 6 for my 2 year old. I have one coupon left. She does not seem like she will be ready to potty train for a while yet.

AnnieW625
08-12-2010, 10:53 AM
FWIW I stupidly put size 1 Seventh Generation diapers on ship and save for DD2 and only used one package of them; thankfully they applied the extra 20% so I got the case for $23! No real big loss as I'll most likely give them to a friend as a gift. DD2 is probably just about 12lbs and she started blowing out of them recently. I am now hesitant to continue ship and save for the size 2s because 7th gens. run smaller than most national brands (they are suppose to ship next week). I know with DD1 she was in size 1s until around 5 months.

I think I am going to stick to just buying the Huggies Pure & Natural at our Wal Mart and buy 4 at a time (they are $8 for 30, I think) and then return if I don't need as many of them or she goes to the next size unexpectedly.

So yes I did save some money on the Amazon diaper deal, just didn't use as much of the diapers as I thought I was going to use.

zukeypur
08-12-2010, 06:29 PM
I HATED the Huggies Naturals so much that I gave them away. Every single one I used leaked.

My DD went to size 3 around 4-5 months and will be in them for a while. She's almost 8 months now and has only gained 3 lbs since we moved to size 3. I ordered one box of size 3 cruisers and will probably order another box when I get my next magazine.

sumertime
08-12-2010, 08:26 PM
I've ordered three boxes of Luvs so far. I've used them with all three kids with zero problems. I did try Target generic for a while with my third baby, but once I put him on formula at 8 months, he started leaking through them like crazy. I didn't realize that he would have such a difference in output.

And interestingly, my very petite dd potty trained when she was in a Luvs size 3 at 2 years old. My son is now 9.5 months, and is in a 3. lol I bought one big case of 3s and 2 cases of 4s.

shoxie
08-12-2010, 09:14 PM
I bought one case of the 7th Gen diapers in size 4 as I've had horrible luck with the Cruisers now that they have "dry max." They definitely don't hold nearly as much - leak far sooner than before. I moved to the Baby Dry, but they're not as good as the old Cruisers were as far as urine containment, either.

I really, really like the 7th Gen ones, so far. No leaks, and I can leave them on overnight without a problem. They definitely hold more liquid than the new Cruisers - and I also think they're designed better than they used to be (I tried them a few years ago and wasn't keen on them). I do miss the old Cruisers, though!

zukeypur
08-12-2010, 09:19 PM
I'm glad to hear good reviews about the 7th gen diapers. I've never tried them but always wanted to.

BJewels79
08-13-2010, 02:22 PM
I just wanted to comment to add that all kids are different and definitely buy the minimum amount you can in each size (when buying ahead)! :) My first two boys were chunks and both in size 5 diapers at 1 yr!! They stayed in 5s until they potty trained at 2.5 yrs old (one is 6yrs and 3.5 now). When I was pregnant with baby boy #3 I stocked up during various sales....many for almost nothing from CVS. Guess what? This little man started out big, but has gained so slowly, he is still a size 3 at 1 yr and I'm guessing he will be for some time! I, literally, have a closet filled with size 4s, 5s and even some 6s (leftover nighttime diapers from #2). I'm not certain we'll ever need them :( I'm having to buy more size 3s from amazon during these sales, but I didn't have nearly enough of those!