PDA

View Full Version : $1.25 million per episode??

SnuggleBuggles
08-11-2010, 04:39 PM
Having never watched an episode of Two and a Half Men b/c it just isn't my cup of tea based on the ads, I am amazed that Charlie Sheen's performance can possibly be with $1.25 million/ episode. Check over the list of other payday amounts and see what you think. He is the highest paid comedy or drama actor on TV.

Sorry, just have my jaw dropping a bit at some of the amounts...and thinking some good actors out there should be getting more if other ones are getting that much.
http://tv.yahoo.com/blog/who-are-tvs-top-earners--1459

Beth

Indianamom2
08-11-2010, 06:01 PM
They are pretty much all over-paid. Charlie Sheen (and that show) need to be dropped. It might be the best thing for everyone.

But that's just nuts.

codex57
08-11-2010, 06:08 PM
I like the show, but yeah, he's overpaid. He's not even acting. The "Charlie" on the show is just him in real life. Cept wearing bowling shirts.

DietCokeLover
08-11-2010, 06:13 PM
Ok, Snooki from that trash MTV show gets paid $30,000 for living in a house drinking and showing her boobies on TV?
That's disgusting.

♥ms.pacman♥
08-11-2010, 06:40 PM
i think i'm probably the only one on this entire board, but i love Two & Half Men. I find that show freakin' hilarious. But yeah, Charlie's character is just Charlie Sheen in real life, so not much acting there. It's still a great show IMO...DH & I often watch it together after DS is in bed and it often has me laughing so hard my sides ache. After dealing with poopy diapers and vomit all day, it's nice to watch a sitcom with adult humor. my MIL and DH's grandmother even watch the show occasionally and thinks its funny. i guess we are an oddball family. :shrug:

eta: i'm shocked the Big Bang Theory actors only make $60k per episode (or less, in case of Jim Parsons, who totally makes the show IMO)! i bet that is going to change soon though, as that show is really taking off (jsut got moved to THursdays). Big Bang is another one of my favorite shows.

MomToOne
08-11-2010, 09:02 PM
That is crazy, crazy, crazy money. All of it. Unbelievable

TwinFoxes
08-11-2010, 10:05 PM
The stars of "Friends" made $1 million an episode ten years ago. "Two and 1/2 Men" is close to the #1 show. It's a lot of money...but that's Hollywood. Stars aren't the only ones making $$$. Execs make shocking amounts of money. It's one of the few reasons I'm glad not to be raising my girls in LA. It's crazy!

SnuggleBuggles
08-11-2010, 10:24 PM
The stars of "Friends" made $1 million an episode ten years ago. "Two and 1/2 Men" is close to the #1 show. It's a lot of money...but that's Hollywood. Stars aren't the only ones making $$$. Execs make shocking amounts of money. It's one of the few reasons I'm glad not to be raising my girls in LA. It's crazy!

I knew it was a crazy sum of money (especially for those members of the ensemble that really couldn't act) but forgot that it was that high. Yeesh.

Beth

ncat
08-11-2010, 10:25 PM
I'm puzzled that Desperate Housewives is considered a comedy?

SnuggleBuggles
08-11-2010, 10:27 PM
My q is why isn't Neil Patrick Harris at least ranking somewhere on that list?

Re. Desperate Housewives- isn't it considered a dark comedy?

Beth

AnnieW625
08-11-2010, 10:27 PM
I think 2/1/2 Men is pretty funny, but then I have always liked Charlie Sheen's humor. I don't think I have met a person IRL who doesn't like 2/1/2 Men. Even the older folks like my grandparents like it. I have loved his bit part in Ferris Bueller's Day Off, and he was great in Major League. I don't think that the 1.25 M is that far off base seeing what the Friends cast was getting in the late 90s/early 00s as that was a ghastly amount of money for any star even movie star w/end profits to be making.

♥ms.pacman♥
08-11-2010, 10:31 PM

:yeahthat:

i totally remember the Friends thing, and yeah, that was a decade ago. and more than Hollywood stars, i could never really get over how much money some pro sports players earn. like A-Rod for example.... $275 million contract??? even if its for 10 years, thats about $27 million per year.

Fairy
08-11-2010, 10:41 PM
Dramas
Hugh, Chris & Mariska, Sinese, Juliana, Nathan, and Angie are all worth every single penny, and I'd put Meloni & Mariska to being worth a mil a piece. Juliana is ridicously underpaid, and I think if Angie were on a network show, she'd be paid more. Nathan Fillion is so good at his job it's insane, he will be making more in the next few seasons if Castle makes it and is no longer freshman fare.

Caruso and Marg are a bit overpaid, AFAIC.

Late NIght / Talk
What's fascinating is that Oprah makes so many millions they'er not countable, while Judge Judy, who beats the pants off her in every rating that you can imagine, makes a comparative pittance (not that $45mil is a problem, ahem). Oprah may be the Queen, but Judge Judy is the one with the biggest numbers. Letterman and Ellen are worth their money.

Reality
Ryan Seacrest is the new Dick Clark. The rest of these guys? I do not understand one bit, especially that orange chick.

Comedy
1.25 for Charlie Sheen? FOR REALZ?! Shakin' my head at that one. There are two full sized men on that one, so why is Duckie making less than half that? Hmm ... I'm ok with the Housewives, but Tina Fey should be making more than them. And I think Carrell is worth the money, too. Shatner is worth alot more than what he's being paid, but he's not greedy for money, he's greedy for recognition and hungry for the craft. Seriously. So, not shocked at his salary. Betty White and anyone on Big Bang is worth craploads more than they're beying paid, but Hot in Cleveland is on a not hot cable netlet, so not surprised. I think the Big Bangers should be liek the Friends and stay united and ask for alot more, cuz Parsons, in particular is really of equal (more) value, here. And Jane Lynch?! She's by far in the top 5 most talented people on that whole frakkin' list, so why she's making so little per ep is beyond me.

News
I think they got this right in terms of largest wage-earners, but I'm positively blown away by the amounts they're making. Is that PER YEAR?! Matt, Katie, Brian, Meredith, yes, that's the right order. But I'm shocked at those amounts. I mean Holy mother of Cronkite, people.

Thems're my two cents.

Fairy
08-11-2010, 10:45 PM
The actors are not making nearly as much of the pie as the networks are taking in in revenue. Seriously, they can afford it.

BabyMine
08-11-2010, 10:59 PM
I wish actors's pay and teachers's pay were reversed.

Clarity
08-11-2010, 11:05 PM
Dramas
Hugh, Chris & Mariska, Sinese, Juliana, Nathan, and Angie are all worth every single penny, and I'd put Meloni & Mariska to being worth a mil a piece. Juliana is ridicously underpaid, and I think if Angie were on a network show, she'd be paid more. Nathan Fillion is so good at his job it's insane, he will be making more in the next few seasons if Castle makes it and is no longer freshman fare.

A big ol':yeahthat:. But mostly I just wanted to join in the Nathan love. I :love5: him, and I'm totally addicted to Castle.

SnuggleBuggles
08-11-2010, 11:24 PM

And nurses, social workers, and many, many other professions!!

Beth

Fairy
08-11-2010, 11:37 PM

Maybe the networks could donate!