PDA

View Full Version : Portable crib

williams44
08-11-2010, 07:11 PM
Hi,

We're traveling with our 11 month old to Vancouver for a few days where we'll be staying in a condo. We've traveled with her before, but we always stayed in a hotel and they had a pack n play or crib for her.

We don't know anyone in the area, and I don't want to rent a crib. We have a pack n play, but the thought of taking it with us doesn't sound appealing since it's big and bulky.

I've heard of the Baby Bjorn portable crib. Does anyone have this? Likes, dislikes? I just saw that a new product called GoCrib came out. Does anyone know anything about this?

They both sound pricey, but I don't think I would sleep well if we just put her on the ground surrounded by pillows (husband's idea). She moves around a lot in her crib. I think she could easily get over any pillows we put around her. I don't want to risk her hurting herself.

Any advice would be great. Thanks!

♥ms.pacman♥
08-11-2010, 07:16 PM
i have the baby bjorn crib and i LOVE it. can't rave enough about it. Likes - FAST to set up, light, easy to carry around. i too didn't like how the PnP was so bulky and took a while to set up. plus, PnP is more square and is harder to fit in small spaces like hotel rooms. Bjorn crib is more rectangular and thus easier to fit.

here is the link to it on amazon. it's regularly $269 in most B&M stores, but amazon has it now for $215 (good price, imo). i know others here have gotten it for less using cashback and other promotions.

http://www.amazon.com/BABYBJ%C3%96RN-Travel-Crib-Light-Blue/dp/B000XDYLEK/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=baby-products&qid=1281568464&sr=8-1

swissair81
08-11-2010, 07:18 PM
The Go crib looks very large in pictures.