PDA

View Full Version : CL offer question

KrisM
08-11-2010, 09:46 PM
I'm working on buying some Rokenbok off CL. The person has maybe 20 listings of different sets and vehicles. I've had some conversations with her about what goes well together, etc. and she mentioned if I bought one set ($100 asking), she would throw in some accessories to sweeten the deal. She's had these listed since July 26 and says she hasn't sold any yet.

So, I've made a list of what I want to get and the asking price is $185. The approximate retail/ebay price is $350. Some pieces can still be bought new and some only on ebay. Hers are all used, but she says all the pieces to the sets are there, 100%.

I'm going to send her my list and I thought I'd put in an offer price, since she wants to deal. What would you offer?

I don't want to insult, as she's been helpful, but I am not sure I'm ready to pay $185 either - I'd take some items out to lower the price if there was no mention of dealing made. Generally, I pay what they ask.

crl
08-11-2010, 09:59 PM
Since she offered to make a deal I'd consider offering 10 to 20 percent off. For some Eason $160 sounds good to me.

Catherine

MamaMolly
08-11-2010, 10:07 PM
Just based on what you say (I'm unfamiliar with these toys) I wouldn't offer less than $150. I'd be willing to go higher to avoid the hassle of having to scrounge the sets up. $185 for $350 worth of stuff isn't unreasonable IMO, as long as the condition is really good and all the parts are there.

KrisM
08-12-2010, 10:12 AM
I offered $150, figuring it wasn't insultingly low and if it was a bit too low, she'd counteroffer. She accepted $150 and I'm pretty happy about it!

crl
08-12-2010, 11:02 AM
Great!

Catherine