PDA

View Full Version : If you used aEtsy vendor to custom your announcement, where did you get them print?

moonsky
08-12-2010, 10:53 AM
I hope to have them print on the cardstocks. How much did you end up paying? Which Etsy vendor would you recommend for announcement? Is there any place I can order on-line to get them print? TIA!

Binkandabee
08-12-2010, 11:21 AM
I had mine printed at Kinko's. They took the file from my thumb drive, printed a preview and once approved printed them in final and cut them. It was so fast an painless I was amazed!

I've also printed invites at Walgreens but those come out looking like photos. I definitely preferred the cardstock at Kinko's.

brittone2
08-12-2010, 11:27 AM
I had ours printed at Shutterfly because I was ordering something else at the same time, so it worked out easier to just do it all at shutterfly. I didn't do them on cardstock although I really like that look. We did a matte print (so more like a photo).

I ordered our announcements from this etsy seller:
http://www.etsy.com/shop/westwillow?ga_search_query=westwillow&ga_search_type=seller_usernames

eta: I had the seller customize something for us. I sent her two pics we were considering and asked for suggestions/her own personal design flair to suit the photos. I was super happy with how it turned out and I am glad I gave her artistic freedom to come up with something that suited the photo.

I looked up this seller's info and she does print on cardstock if you like her designs. (or you can print elsewhere on your own)

LD92599
08-12-2010, 11:44 AM
I had ours printed at costco on the typical holiday card size, so definitely photo paper. Costco allows you to upload your own designs now and my etsy seller sized the file for costco. $20 for 75 cards

lil_acorn
08-12-2010, 11:50 AM
I had mine printed at Kinko's. They took the file from my thumb drive, printed a preview and once approved printed them in final and cut them. It was so fast an painless I was amazed!

I've also printed invites at Walgreens but those come out looking like photos. I definitely preferred the cardstock at Kinko's.

how much was it to print at kinkos?

Babymakes3
08-12-2010, 01:06 PM
On Etsy you need to check out 4leafboutique! They just did ds's 2nd birthday invite and it's adorable! I told them what I wanted and they designed it but they have some already done to choose from too. They can print on cardstock for you, I believe it was 25 for $38.

Melbel
08-12-2010, 01:23 PM
After obtaining print samples last year, I chose this etsy seller for our Christmas cards this past year:

http://www.etsy.com/shop/sweetprintsshop?section_id=6143806

The seller completely customized our 5x7 folded card with printing on all available space. The print quality was the best of the samples I received and better than the tiny prints cards I used for a supplemental order. Note however, that it took about 3 weeks to receive the printed cards.

Our price for the design service and 75 5x7 folded printed cards was $131. I imagine the price would be a bit lower for a flat vs. folded card.

rkold
08-12-2010, 08:32 PM
Not quite the same thing, but my friend who is running my shower is having another friend design the graphics for the cards and plans to print them using http://us.moo.com/ Moo. I'm trying to decide if I want to do the announcements as something unified with the shower design or something different.

I've previously gotten a free sample of mini cards from Moo and the quality seemed pretty nice.