PDA

View Full Version : The Return of the BBB Bracelet for Breast Cancer Awareness

Fairy
08-12-2010, 12:31 PM
PLEASE SEE UPDATE IN POST 30
==================

Hello Fellow BBB Moms & Dads! I am very happy to announce that I am offering the special BBB Braclelet to any member of our board in preparation for Breast Cancer Awareness (BCA) month in October. I offered this last year (last year's post here (http://www.windsorpeak.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=334118)), and I was shocked at being able to raise more than $800 that I then donated to a Breast Cancer Awareness charity. I've had a few requests for it in the last year, so I thought I'd do this again and spread the wealth a bit more. This year, all monies will be donated to The National Breast Cancer Foundation (http://www.nationalbreastcancer.org/). Again, I am grateful to Alan and Denise Fields for their support and thank them so much. And thank you to all of you who have purchased a bracelet in the past and/or asked about them for this year.

The bracelet design has not changed since last year, it's the very same one. I designed it exclusively for members here on the Baby Bargains Board, and it is not available to the public with my jewelry company's other designs. So, when you wear it, not only are you supporting a Breast Cancer charity, but you're also identifiable as a member of the BBB (or someone they purchased one for :))!

If you are interested, here are the details:

What Is the Cost?
Cost is $20 for the bracelet, and $3 flat shpping fee, payable via paypal to [email protected]. This cost covers:
* $10 of each bracelet is donated to breast cancer awareness and research. That's $2 more than last year because of change in overall materials costs, which means I can donate more.
* Shipping & shipping materials charges I would incur out of pocket to mail it (special mailing requests are handled as needed)
* My materials costs to make the bracelet so that my out of pocket expenses are covered.
* I donate all my time for free and receive $0 reimbursement for my time or extra monies at all.

What Does It Look Like?
Here is a photo of the BBB BCA Bracelet.

http://i168.photobucket.com/albums/u178/FairyMay9/BBBBCADesign_1.jpg
http://i168.photobucket.com/albums/u178/FairyMay9/BBBBCADesign_2.jpg
http://i168.photobucket.com/albums/u178/FairyMay9/BBBBCADesign_3.jpg

The large pink focal bead is hand-blown lampwork glass, the awareness ribbon message beads are sterling silver, the crystals are Swarovski, and the remaining materials are a mix of sterling silver and silver plated components, plus a tiny bit of pewter on either side of the focal bead. Inside is standard, heavy-duty stretch material and will fit most wrists in a floating manner.

What Are the Dimensions?
The INSIDE circumfrence is 7.5 inches.
The SIDE TO SIDE diameter is 2.5 inches
The UP AND DOWN DIAMETER is ~2.25 inches (from bottom of the big glass bead to the top of the crystal rondelle)
This really does fit the "normal" wrist well

Yes, I can fine tune up or down for no cost change. If you want to make it much larger, let me know via email and we'll discuss.

What Is the Timeline for Delivery? Are There Time or Quantity Limitations?
I'm just me, here. I got them done very quickly last year, and no one gave me any negative feedback on the turnaround that I can remember. I intend to follow that same timeline. As it happens, I'm about three weeks ahead of where I was last year at this time. If you are interested, please reply in this thread that you are interested, and that will help me with my materials order; no obligation with that reply! Then if you want to place an order, follow the instructions below. I do not expect as many orders as I received last year, so really, there should be no issue receiving your bracelet by October 15, 2010. In fact, I got all but a smattering done and delivered in September. If I actually receive more than 100 orders after September 13th, which I highly doubt, I will adjust that timeline on an order-by-order basis.

How Do I Order?
Please note, there is absolutely no obligation, here, and no pressure! If you would like to purchase a bracelet, please paypal $20 to [email protected]. Note the following:

* Be sure to identify yourself with your BBB screen name. This is important!
* All orders must include your real first and last name, email address, and your mailing address.
* Non-US/Canada orders will need to be discussed as pricing may vary due to mailing costs

How Do I Contact You?
Email me any questions at all to [email protected]. PM is iffy cuz there are storage limits, and I don't want my box to fill up. So, Emailing is best.

Again, thank you to Alan & Denise for your support. Thanks to all of you. And wishing good health to everyone impacted by this disease either first hand or by watching a loved one fight it.

-- Hilary (Fairy)

arivecchi
08-12-2010, 01:13 PM
So glad you are doing this again! :yay:

bubbaray
08-12-2010, 01:26 PM
I love mine from last year! :)

I'd love a matching necklace, hint hint!

MontrealMum
08-12-2010, 01:50 PM
So glad to see you're doing this again this year. I :heartbeat: mine too and I wear it all the time.

Count me in for another order :)

elizabethkott
08-12-2010, 02:06 PM
I love mine from last year! :)

I'd love a matching necklace, hint hint!

:yeahthat:

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH! That would kick butt. :D Perhaps next year?

essnce629
08-12-2010, 02:12 PM
Ooo, I want one! I never saw the post about them last year. So is it $20 total or $23? I thought $23 since you need to add in the $3 for shipping.

alien_host
08-12-2010, 02:13 PM
I'm so glad you are doing it again, I never got to purchase one last year.

Going to PP you shortly! :)

MamaMolly
08-12-2010, 02:28 PM
Yippie!!! I actually clapped when I saw your post! :applause: Hmmm, now who do I want to get one for this year...

willow33
08-12-2010, 03:21 PM
Love my bracelet!! May have to order as Xmas gifts for the women in my family!!

Fairy
08-12-2010, 04:48 PM
Oh, so glad to see replies!

Ok, Latia, it's $20 for the bracelet, and if I were driving it to your house, that would be the total, but since I need to cover the cost of shipping, you're right, the $3 covers the mailing cost and the envelope.

Elizabeth & Melis, I am no good at necklaces yet. I've demo'd a few in general, and i'm just terrible at clasps for silver chains (I'm a silver girl), and the alternative is wire, which I excel at, but I don't like that for a necklace. So, I must disappoint you this year. However, I do have an earring design for these now. I made a pair for someone this year, and they wouldn't be considered "BBB Earrings" but the rest could apply. If i'm being honest, I don't care for them, myself (way to sell it, Hil!), but my friend really loves hers. So, I would have to work out the numbers, but if someone serously wants earrings, we can talk.

To my Mollies, A, and Willow, I adore you people.

And to Alien, I'm off to check my email, thank you!

-- Fairy

elektra
08-12-2010, 04:51 PM
Such a beautiful bracelet. Such a great cause. I'll be getting another one this year too. :)

Fairy
08-12-2010, 05:07 PM
Such a beautiful bracelet. Such a great cause. I'll be getting another one this year too. :)

You wonderful.

jerigirl
08-12-2010, 05:18 PM
Yeah!!! I wear mine everyday! Love it! So glad you are doing this again!! Now I need to decide who to order for this year!

MMEand1
08-12-2010, 09:12 PM
I'm in - a good friend of mine just got dx with stage 3. I have one (as well as my 5 year old DD - which she LOVES) and I think my friend should have one as well!!

Ladies, even if you aren't really a big jewelry person, you should really consider getting one of these. Not only is this for a good (GREAT) cause, but the bracelets are BEAUTIFUL and very well made. Get this - you won't be disappointed!

tmahanes
08-12-2010, 09:59 PM
I think I will want at least one! It is pretty!

KpbS
08-13-2010, 12:27 AM
I wonder if the mods will make this thread a sticky (or a subsequent thread) like last year? I love my bracelet too!

Fairy
08-13-2010, 12:49 AM
MME & Jeri, thank you so much! It really was so successful last year. Beyond waht I really truly thought we could do. Anything this year is truly gravy. I am just so happy people are still enjoying them!

niccig
08-13-2010, 12:59 AM
Fairy, Can we use credit card Pay Pay, I don't have any funded PayPal.

Thanks.
Nicci

Fairy
08-13-2010, 01:19 AM
Fairy, Can we use credit card Pay Pay, I don't have any funded PayPal.

Thanks.
Nicci

I'm sorry, I only take Paypal. You can get yourself set up pretty easily. Is that possible for you?

niccig
08-13-2010, 01:32 AM
I'm sorry, I only take Paypal. You can get yourself set up pretty easily. Is that possible for you?

Sorry, Fairy. I meant, I don't have any funded pay pal, but I have my credit card linked to pay pal, can I use that or will it be extra fee for you???

BabyMine
08-13-2010, 03:51 AM
Can you post a picture of the earrings?

Fairy
08-13-2010, 10:11 AM
Niccig, ohhh! No prob, you go right ahead and use the credit card. Click goods, and I pay the fee. Do not mind paying my fee to use them, it is ok. But thoughtful of you, thank you :-)

mommyp
08-13-2010, 04:44 PM
Count me in, Fairy. I missed it last year, but the bracelet is beautiful.

Fairy
08-13-2010, 05:39 PM
Can you post a picture of the earrings?

Send me an email, we'll talk offline. [email protected].

Fairy
08-13-2010, 05:57 PM
Count me in, Fairy. I missed it last year, but the bracelet is beautiful.

mommylamb
08-13-2010, 07:52 PM
Sorry I'm late to this thread. Please count me in too.

noodle
08-13-2010, 08:01 PM
And me! I'm in for two.
Thanks for doing this (again)!

mom2MandC
08-13-2010, 08:04 PM
Absolutely beautiful! My mom is just finishing up chemotherapy for breast cancer = I think I will order one for her and myself!!!

Clarity
08-13-2010, 08:31 PM
Oh great! So glad you're doing this again. I'm headed over to paypal so I don't miss my chance this year. :)

Fairy
08-13-2010, 11:25 PM
Thanks so much to everyone expressing an interest and to those who have already ordered! A few quick notes:

Pay me $3 only once!
I can fit alot of bracelets into one envelope. Unless we've personally discussed different mailing options between us, then whether you order one or four, pay the $3 only one time. For those who already doubled up (or more) on it, I am going to return it to you via paypal (or I may just stick three bucks in the envelope). If you'd rather I add it to the donation, you will be severely testing my math skills (I'm only half kidding), but that would be fine, too, but just tell me to do that or I'll return the extra "flat fee" beyond the first $3. Now, if you order 7 or more bracelets, that could change, but I'd talk to you first, so no worries.

Matching Jewelry
I am happy to discuss earrings with you, but they're not part of this official BBB Bracelet for BCA offering. The bracelet is ours and only ours, but the earrings I make publicly, so I don't want to mix the two, here. This bracelet is 100% non-profit for me. Will I donate $$ from their sale? Absolutely. But if you want earrings, then just email me at [email protected], and we'll discuss offline.

How do I order?
If you want to order, just paypal me $20 for each bracelet plus $3 ONCE to [email protected].

Confidentiality
As last year, I don't share with anyone who has ordered unless someone says so first in the thread. I email you en masse with updates if you've ordered, but it's all bcc'd, and I take that very seriusly. Typos, I don't take seriously, tho :rotflmao:

What if it breaks?
TALK TO ME. I'll fix it.

SASM
08-19-2010, 11:42 AM
Hilary,

Thank you so much for doing this again!! I was sooo happy to see this thread...whoohoo!! I LOVE LOVE LOVE mine! Throughout the year, DS has consistently asked me to order one for him. :) Too cute!! Do you have a boy's version? Or maybe he DOES just want the pink! :) I will PP you for at least 3 bracelets after Labor Day! :) THANK YOU!!! Ohhh...is it $23 (incl S&H)??

Hugs...

WolfpackMom
08-19-2010, 12:43 PM
Just ordered mine! :D Thanks for doing this!

GonnaBeNana
08-19-2010, 03:24 PM
I hope to order 6 in total, but will let you know for sure in a couple of days. My SIL was just diagnosed two weeks ago and will have surgery next Thursday. I'm pretty sure all the girls in our family will want one so I just sent them an email. I know I'll want one for sure!

Beth

Fairy
08-19-2010, 05:07 PM
Hilary,

Thank you so much for doing this again!! I was sooo happy to see this thread...whoohoo!! I LOVE LOVE LOVE mine! Throughout the year, DS has consistently asked me to order one for him. :) Too cute!! Do you have a boy's version? Or maybe he DOES just want the pink! :) I will PP you for at least 3 bracelets after Labor Day! :) THANK YOU!!! Ohhh...is it $23 (incl S&H)??

Hugs...

Oh, thank you :hug5:. I can definitely make a boy bracelet for your DS and possibly figure out how to work in the BCA! However, send me an email offline, and we'll talk :-)

Yes, $23 is all inclusive of S&H, my materials costs, and the 410 donation.

Fairy
08-19-2010, 05:08 PM
Thanks, Beth & Wolfpack :-)

Fairy
08-29-2010, 01:36 PM
Just wanted to let everyone know that I'm going to place my materials order today based on the orders I've received so far. As promised, though, you can order on thru October, so it's not like it's now or never. And like last year, I'll send a little "newsletter" out to all folks who have ordered to let you know progress throughout. Thanks so much, everyone!

-- Fairy

elektra
08-29-2010, 04:15 PM
Gah! I still need to submit my payal order. Completely blanked on the actual follow through here.

Fairy
08-29-2010, 05:09 PM
There is no rush, you've got a couple of months :-)

C&C's mom
09-08-2010, 08:54 PM
I just came across this thread and am so excited that you are doing this! It is such a beautiful bracelet. I will be ordering one. Thanks!:cheerleader1:

Fairy
09-08-2010, 09:29 PM
Awesome C&C, thank you!

Fairy
09-15-2010, 07:50 PM
I wanted to let those who have ordered and are checking this thread that I've received all my materials (finally; there was an unexpected delay from a vendor :irked), and I'm in production. Watch your email for a newsletter email update within the next day or two!

nofeea
10-12-2010, 05:43 PM
Hi,

I was wondering if you got any short tubes again like last year? You made those child bracelets for my DDs and they actually fit me perfectly! (I know, I told you about a dozen times that I was sending mine back to you to resize but I just couldn't get myself organized to do it!! :o ) I've been wearing my DD's bracelet and I'm sure she'd be happy if I just ordered myself a new one! (Believe it or not, it's easier for me to order a new one than to send you back the other one!) Anyway, I kind of like keeping the bigger one also- sometimes in the winter I wore it over the sleeves of my sweaters...
Let me know if you can do another 'child-sized'.
Thanks,
Natalie
(Remember me now? ;) )

elektra
10-12-2010, 05:48 PM
Fairy-
I finally paypal'ed you. Looks like it's on a few of our minds! Hope it's not too late!

Fairy
10-16-2010, 08:11 PM
Hi,

I was wondering if you got any short tubes again like last year? You made those child bracelets for my DDs and they actually fit me perfectly! (I know, I told you about a dozen times that I was sending mine back to you to resize but I just couldn't get myself organized to do it!! :o ) I've been wearing my DD's bracelet and I'm sure she'd be happy if I just ordered myself a new one! (Believe it or not, it's easier for me to order a new one than to send you back the other one!) Anyway, I kind of like keeping the bigger one also- sometimes in the winter I wore it over the sleeves of my sweaters...
Let me know if you can do another 'child-sized'.
Thanks,
Natalie
(Remember me now? ;) )

Hi Natalie! Yes, I remember you :-). I did not get any duds this year, no. Not that I noticed. I do have shorter tubes, but they're also narrower, and they would look really silly with the huge focal comparatively. That said, the pink focal is getting to be in short supply, so it may all be moot, anyway. Assuming my next batch comes in with good beads (don't ask), I can make you a super small one. Super duper small. Get me via email if you want to disucss (but I have to wait for the shipment, whcih should be here any day now). [email protected].

Fairy-
I finally paypal'ed you. Looks like it's on a few of our minds! Hope it's not too late!

Gotcha, Elektra :-)