PDA

View Full Version : Celebrity WWYD - When is it crossing the line?

conniez
08-12-2010, 08:24 PM
Okay, I normally don't bother thinking about celebrities and all their drama, but I came upon an article while DD1 was looking up info. on the The Wiggles crew:

http://womansday.ninemsn.com.au/celebrity/celebrityheadlines/998739/im-not-breaking-up-their-marriage

I don't know how true the facts are in this story, but it's not the Enquirer so I figured the story was a bit more sound ;)

In any case, whether the story was true or not, what would you do if you were the wife in this scenario? If your husband was on tour 8 months out of the year & spending so much time with a crew member that he considered his "soulmate"? What do you consider crossing the line?

AnnieW625
08-12-2010, 08:54 PM
The article is a year old. Its a two way street. If I were that unsecure or felt like I needed to be with my husband I'd travel with them during the months my kids weren't in school. Expensive yes but the Wiggles can afford it.

Melaine
08-12-2010, 08:57 PM
Well, getting close enough to another woman to decide she is his "soul mate" is crossing the line, IMO. But it's hard for me to imagine living that much apart and how it would work.

conniez
08-12-2010, 09:06 PM
The article is a year old. Its a two way street. If I were that unsecure or felt like I needed to be with my husband I'd travel with them during the months my kids weren't in school. Expensive yes but the Wiggles can afford it.

Hi Annie - yeah, I saw that it was from 2009...DD1 just happened to be looking up information about the whole Wiggle cast & Caterina was the choreographer. When she Googled her name this was one of the articles that came up. It just got me thinking as I tend to get pretty jealous when people are making obvious passes at DH KNOWING he's married & was just curious how others would feel.

Do you guys think it's possible to spend that much time with a member of the opposite sex, think they're your soulmate, yet still keep it platonic? I don't have a large social circle, but don't know many who didn't end up "together" after spending that much time together.

TwinFoxes
08-12-2010, 09:12 PM
Agree with Melaine, describing someone else as his soul mate is soooo far over the line.

I'm not the jealous sort, but this isn't some loser flirting with your DH, this is your DH disrespecting your relationship.

I'm pretty surprised that the Wiggles made a gossip mag! ;)

conniez
08-12-2010, 09:18 PM
Agree with Melaine, describing someone else as his soul mate is soooo far over the line.

I'm not the jealous sort, but this isn't some loser flirting with your DH, this is your DH disrespecting your relationship.

I'm pretty surprised that the Wiggles made a gossip mag! ;)

Is Woman's Day considered a gossip mag? lol Sorry, I'm totally out of the loop...not much time to read nowadays. But I figured the story regardless of authenticity was something that - sadly - happens a lot more than we'd like to think it does. I was mad reading it, but then again I am the jealous type.:bag btw, I think it stated that their press agent was suing or something to get the article squashed. lol