PDA

View Full Version : Personalized stationary?

boogiemomz
08-14-2010, 10:21 AM
Do you have personalized stationary for thank you notes and such? Is it just yours, or do you share it with your spouse? What's on it--monogram, full name(s), etc? Is it very formal or more casual? Where'd you get it? Do you like it? (Lotta questions--sorry!)

I'm trying to order new stationary b/c I ran out of my old... We had stationary with mine and DH's full names from our wedding, like "John and Mary Smith." I'm thinking I want to just go with my name this time. Just curious what people have... I always have the hardest time deciding on a stationary design. Thanks!

nfowife
08-14-2010, 10:35 AM
Each of my kids has their own notecards with their first names. They are casual folded notecards. We also have family notecards with all our names on them. They are all made by the company embossed graphics and were inexpensive.

MamaMolly
08-14-2010, 11:16 AM
I am currently on notepaper restriction. I lurrrrrve notepaper, letters, cards, etc! I use the formal stuff probably less than 5 times a year. The informal stuff is super handy.

We have:
formal Mr. and Mrs. cards (from our wedding. Like 12 years ago...)
formal Mrs. Husband's Name cards
formal Mr. and Mrs. name 'calling cards' (like a business card. Small and doesn't fold) which are supposed to be included in gifts for formal occasions like weddings

I have:
informal embossed monogram notecards. I say informal because they are bubblegum pink. Kind of barfy color IMO. They were a gift.
tons of blank note cards with either my first or last initial

DD1 has:
informal notecards with her first initial on it
3-4 sets of cute blank notecards with things like bunnies, poodles in rhinestone collars, flowers, etc.

DD2 has:
kind of icky thank you cards with her hospital photo on it. It is a great photo, but really limiting in use. It was part of a package of announcements we bought at the hospital.
blank notecards with glittery flowers and another with bunnies or bears.

Mommy_Again
08-14-2010, 12:42 PM
I have everything from monogrammed gift enclosure cards, to formal fold-over notes with Mrs. John Smith, to informal flat cards with my first name, and everything in between. It just depends what your personal preference is and what you'll be using it most for.

An afforable source for basic stuff is American Stationary.

MamaKath
08-14-2010, 02:03 PM
I have formal notecards with mine and dh's name and formal with just my full name. I have all kinds of informal stuff also with my first name, my initial, my nickname. Both dc have informal stuff with their initial.

If you are looking for informal personalized stuff places like Michaels, AC Moore, and The Christmas Tree Shops. For formal stuff I have used local print companies mainly. I think I may order some new notes this year and have been looking at ThirtyOne and Current.

http://thirtyone.dirxion.com/WebProject.asp?CodeId=7.3.5.11# page 34
http://www.currentcatalog.com/

infomama
08-14-2010, 07:20 PM
Mine have my full first name only. I have two middle names so a monogram was out. My next order will be from minted.com....love their stuff.
Paper quality is awesome and great designs.

BabyH
08-14-2010, 07:32 PM
I use Vistaprint. So cheap and soooo many options!!

boogiemomz
08-14-2010, 07:33 PM
Mine have my full first name only. I have two middle names so a monogram was out. My next order will be from minted.com....love their stuff.
Paper quality is awesome and great designs.

ooh, pretty!! I like how these have a bit more interest. I was thinking about this one:

http://www.americanstationery.com/shopping/prod_detail/main.asp-pid-4348

But now I feel like I want to go through all those too... AHH! can't decide. Thanks for the input everybody!!