PDA

View Full Version : work-out wear???

MamaSnoo
08-14-2010, 01:02 PM
OK, so I really need some new work-out clothes. Everything that I have is pre-DD. Way pre-DD. I am trying to get off on a good foot, and I think about 2 outfits would help me on my way. At least I would not be in stained t-shirts and 10 yo sweats with baggy knees.

I was going to look at Target.....anywhere else you would recommend for not-too-expensive workout stuff? I want to look decent, but do not want to spend much at all.

cvanbrunt
08-14-2010, 02:08 PM
The C9 stuff at Target is great. I've got a couple pairs of pants, a few cropped pants, and a half dozen t-shirts. I work out 5 days a week and have been wearing these pieces since December. They hold up and are cheap. I refuse to spend 90 bucks on a pair of workout pants and 50 bucks on a tank. Just won't do it.

MamaSnoo
08-14-2010, 02:09 PM
Thanks....we are thinking the same thoughts.....I will look for that brand when I go this pm.

BP

SnuggleBuggles
08-14-2010, 03:46 PM
Yep, C9. I own that brand for shorts and some tops. I often wear knit tank tops that I get cheap at ON.

Beth

wellyes
08-14-2010, 04:12 PM
WalMart has the Danskin Now line which is very inexpensive ..... $5 shirts, $9 capris. A good way to fill out a closet quickly, though the quality is eh. Good enough to wear to the gym, certainly, but I don't think they'll last more than a season or two.

I have a question about the C9 line..... do Target stores carry plus sizes, or is plus just online? With my current nursing figure I really need cut of a plus, not just an XL or XXL.

JenaW
08-14-2010, 05:31 PM
I second both the Target and Walmart stuff. I too was working out at least 5 days a week when I was training for my triathlon before I got pregnant again. At those prices, I don't care if they only last one season! I have also had really good luck with Sierra Trading Post. They send out coupons and email discounts ALL the time. I also got their (free) credit card which gives you free shipping, so I have no problem buying things in a few different sizes and returning whatever doesn't work. I hvae gotten some more specialty items there - specifically tri shorts, cycling clothes, etc for GREAT steals. Their customer service is awesome, and returns are so easy. I highly recommend them. The site can be overwhelming at times, but if you have an hour to wade through the stuff, you can often find some name brand gear at huge discounts.

Babymakes3
08-15-2010, 11:02 AM
6pm.com has sales often on Nike and Adidas workout clothing and shoes. Sign up for their daily sale emails!

KrisM
08-15-2010, 11:14 AM
I like the Target stuff too!

let73
08-15-2010, 10:35 PM
I also like the C9 brand at Target. I've found some cute and inexpensive workout clothes at Marshalls. Also, Gap Outlet has some nice stuff and is often on sale.

lizzywednesday
08-16-2010, 08:44 AM
I have a question about the C9 line..... do Target stores carry plus sizes, or is plus just online? With my current nursing figure I really need cut of a plus, not just an XL or XXL.

I don't know, but I've never looked.

It may vary from store-to-store, but, in doubt, online tends to be a million times easier anyway.

wellyes
08-16-2010, 10:36 AM
It may vary from store-to-store, but, in doubt, online tends to be a million times easier anyway

I actually just ordered a bunch of C9 stuff online, it is free shipping when you spend $50 right now. I'm between sizes so I ordered 2 of everything -- I'll return what doesn't fit to the store (free).

bostonsmama
08-20-2010, 02:33 PM
I'm not a superfan of Target workout clothes Materials-- they're too hot.
I prefer Under Armor and Addidas,ESP for Running. I can
usually get Great prices on Black Friday or at Marshalls or TJ Maxx.
I got 3 UA mesh heat gear Tops for $7 & $10 each. I also
really like North Face stuff. Sorry 4 typos--iPhone.

Lupe
09-05-2010, 03:55 PM
Hi,
I have always have a 'girls" problem working out, and pregnancy doesn't help
I have tried every brand, since I am in workout clothes a lot ( I am a certified Pilates and aerobics instructor)
The best sport bra for pregnancy I found so far are the ones Reebok makes for Motherhood Maternity. They fit great, and double as "cami" to wear with dresses when a cami is just too hot and are not too expensive (39)

If you have some cash to spend I suggest Lululemon Athletica, they have the absolute best workout clothes, the styles are fantastic and the fabric lasts forever. They don't have stores in a lot of cities but they sell online. The have a bra called the "tata tamer" which should do the job. It is not cheap however

I have a couple of nice yoga tanks from target that I really love, but although they are supposed to already have support I usually have to "double" the support with one of the bras above underneath, since the fabric is not that great

best
Lucia