PDA

View Full Version : Weil Baby and Tommee Tippee baby bottles

jenrub
08-15-2010, 01:30 PM
Has anyone tried any of the two or both bottles above? Any reviews/opinions about them? My sister is using Born Free bottles and am planning to do the same until she mentioned reading that Weil baby bottles have a vent system that works like Born Free but eliminates the extra parts in between the bottle and nipple, thus, easier cleaning and assemble given that both bottle brands are top picks of where she read it from (can't recall the magazine name). I read the reviews for it and most are good but the constant problem that users have is that it leaks. For Tommee Tippee, I am just curious how the reviews are.This will help me decide whether to stick to Born Free or try the newer brands out in the market since I would like to be ready with the coming of baby by Oct.

lorinick
08-15-2010, 02:08 PM
I know alot of lactation cons. who love the Tommy Tippy bottles. If I were in the market for new bottles I would give them a try. The Weil baby bottles have been disc. in many stores. So they maybe hard to find.

TwoBees
08-15-2010, 06:46 PM
FWIW, the two extra parts in the born free bottles (the plastic piece an d silicone gasket) are really east to clean. We throw them in the dw, but you can hand wash as well. No special equipment needed. Just soap and water. I usually lather them up with my hands and then rinse if I hand wash. We love the born free bottles. :)

jenrub
08-19-2010, 12:47 PM
Thanks for the input but I'm still undecided between Tommee Tippee and Born Free. Having considered the previous responses, I researched more and went to BRU to physically handle Tommee Tippee bottles since I've already fed my niece using Born Free tons of times. I believe either one of the two will work well with the baby given the research I've had on them so these are what it came down to:

Tommee Tippee Born Free
lighter but doesn't look as sturdy Harder plastic (looks like it'll last longer)
cheaper since it's on sale now More expensive
Lesser parts to assemble & clean Has 2 extra parts to assemble & clean

Can anyone help me decide?

la petite étoile
08-20-2010, 09:26 PM
My 4 month old loves Tommee Tippee. He's only used that bottle though so I have nothing to compare it with. They wash up very nicely. I have the ones with the anticolic valve, so there is an additional piece to wash, but we've had no problems with gas. I just got the Avent Isis IQ Duo breastpump for when I go back to work next month, and since Avent bottles screw right in I might give those a try.

Trigglet
08-29-2010, 06:58 PM
We love the TT bottles - here's my response to another thread on the same topic:

http://www.windsorpeak.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=369725

Haven't tried any others, but we have absolutely no complaints about TT. They're comfortable to hold, and the shape of the nipple seems to make DS very happy!