PDA

View Full Version : where can I find this?

HIU8
08-15-2010, 09:42 PM
DD needs a plate, bowl, spoon, fork and cup for preschool this year (they used to provide via paper and plastic, but they stopped). It has to be BPA free. I wanted something that matched, so that even though it will have DD's name all over it, it will be known that it goes together and it's hers (there are 15 kids in her preschool class this year). I tried Walmart but found nothing. I'm going to look at Target and Bed Bath and Beyond and hopefully find something there. Any other suggestions?

LMPC
08-15-2010, 09:59 PM
What about Ikea? I know they have some cute sets, but I am blanking to whether or not they are BPA free.

tmahanes
08-15-2010, 10:03 PM
Green Toys has a feeding set that is BPA free. While they are not the same color they are a different texture than "regular" plastic. They might be an option if you can't find strictly matching items. Plus not a "Target" item that everyone else has.

http://www.greentoys.com/toys.html

HIU8
08-15-2010, 10:30 PM
Can stuff from Ikea or Green Toys be put in the microwave? On the off chance they microwave the food on the plate instead of the container provided.

twowhat?
08-15-2010, 10:39 PM
The IKEA stuff is #5 plastic (which I believe is BPA-free). It's microwaveable and dishwasher-safe. We use them at home and just love them.

salsah
08-15-2010, 10:42 PM
i love this set (http://www.naturalmomgear.com/1348-Anyware-Stainless-Steel-Kids-Dish-Set-Butterfly.html)but it is pricey!

DrSally
08-15-2010, 10:59 PM
Walmart has some kid's plastic divided plates (we have a bunch) in #5 plastic. IIRC, they also have matching bowls/cups? They're usually by the kid's melamie/character plates, down low on the shelf. Ikea is good too.

tmahanes
08-15-2010, 11:14 PM
Can stuff from Ikea or Green Toys be put in the microwave? On the off chance they microwave the food on the plate instead of the container provided.

Good question.... it says DW safe but I am not sure about microwave. I will email them because I want the stuff for B so I need to know too!

AshleyAnn
08-15-2010, 11:23 PM
Walmart has some kid's plastic divided plates (we have a bunch) in #5 plastic. IIRC, they also have matching bowls/cups? They're usually by the kid's melamie/character plates, down low on the shelf. Ikea is good too.

We have this stuff too - its a knock off of take and toss and is BPA free. I've seen plates, bowls, cups, and spoon/fork sets. They are only a dollor or two a piece so even if they lose one or two pieces its not terrible and the forks and spoons are sold in packages of 10. Its microwave safe and dishware safe. We have the divided plates in every color and they are great.

boolady
08-15-2010, 11:44 PM

I just posted on your thread in ATH, but the Ikea stuff is BPA free, microwaveable, and dishwasher-safe.

HIU8
08-16-2010, 08:38 AM
I saw that also. The walmart I was at had the divided plate, bowl and silverware and no cups (just the take and toss stuff). This stuff has to last all school year for DD. I ended up not buying the stuff at Walmart. I'm going to go to IKEA this week and get the stuff they have (plus we could use some at home as well).