PDA

View Full Version : Question about IKEA bed frames...

Corie
08-15-2010, 09:45 PM
I have a question about the Ikea bed frames. Particularly the Hemnes bed frame.

My husband thinks that you can only use an Ikea mattress/box spring with
an Ikea bed frame. I disagree. I would like to buy the Hemnes Ikea bed frame
and then purchase the mattress/box spring elsewhere. Is this possible?

Please help!!

bubbaray
08-15-2010, 09:52 PM
You can absolutely use a standard mattress with the Hemnes frame. Both girls have the Hemnes twin bed frame. DD#1 has a standard mattress (Sealy?? something purchased at Costco) and DD#2 has one from Ikea. Both fit the same. However, the Ikea one was cheaper and both DH and I think it is more comfy.

MacMacMoo
08-15-2010, 09:56 PM
we just got a used lo loft bed frame fro DS and used the twin mattress from Costco. I'm sure the mattress is much thicker than what they have at IKEA but the side rails are still high enough that we don't think he'll fall out.

fauve01
08-15-2010, 10:27 PM
You can absolutely use a standard mattress with the Hemnes frame. Both girls have the Hemnes twin bed frame. DD#1 has a standard mattress (Sealy?? something purchased at Costco) and DD#2 has one from Ikea. Both fit the same. However, the Ikea one was cheaper and both DH and I think it is more comfy.

:yeahthat: except we got our dd the Ikea Malm frame. using the Costco Sealy twin mattress.

HTH,
Anne

bubbaray
08-15-2010, 10:36 PM
we just got a used lo loft bed frame fro DS and used the twin mattress from Costco. I'm sure the mattress is much thicker than what they have at IKEA but the side rails are still high enough that we don't think he'll fall out.

The Hemnes bed (at least the twin size) has an adjustable depth -- so you can adjust the height of the mattress.

Corie
08-15-2010, 11:00 PM
And I can use my own box spring too?

Or are you guys only using a mattress with no box spring?

Tondi G
08-16-2010, 12:40 AM
we have a Hemnes twin bed frame and used just a twin mattress from Costco, no box spring needed.

bubbaray
08-16-2010, 09:16 AM
And I can use my own box spring too?

Or are you guys only using a mattress with no box spring?

mattress only -- box spring makes it too high